National Novel Writing Month

32 watchers
Nov 2020
5:10pm, 5 Nov 2020
469 posts
  •  
Funky Chicken
Hoping everyone's NaNoWriMo efforts have got off to a good start. I've had one day where I managed to write more than the daily target, while yesterday I wasn't really in the mood and that was my lowest word count so far (around 400). I made it out for a walk today and spent a good part of it typing into my phone as ideas kept on forming, so my total now stands at 6400 - still more than a day off-target though. I'll have to get some more walks in!
Nov 2020
5:11pm, 20 Nov 2020
535 posts
  •  
Funky Chicken
Day 20 already - the month has gone by quick! I'm at 29,000 words, so now about 2.5 days adrift, but really pleased with what I've done. It's either going to be a psycho-drama or a sci-fi horror, or maybe I'm writing two books in one and will need to separate them at some point.

Switching character viewpoints has been a big help with the writing process. If I get stuck on what the main characters should be doing next, I switch to one of the supporting ones and they usually end up doing something interesting to keep the plot moving.
Oct 2021
1:35pm, 31 Oct 2021
27,814 posts
  •  
Max71
Anyone going for it this year?
Oct 2021
1:59pm, 31 Oct 2021
28,691 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Think I’ve signed up almost every year for the last 10 but never started!
Oct 2021
2:03pm, 31 Oct 2021
585 posts
  •  
Gogsy!
Yep - online kick-off meeting tonight with local NaNoWriMo group.
Oct 2021
6:05pm, 31 Oct 2021
38,684 posts
  •  
Purps
Oh, I don't know. I might. I have plenty I could write about and the escape from reality might be a really good thing.
Oct 2021
6:14pm, 31 Oct 2021
20,714 posts
  •  
eL Bee!
Nope.
Any novel I may think that I have in me is staying right where it is.
This is a Good Thing!
Oct 2021
11:00pm, 31 Oct 2021
38,058 posts
  •  
Night-owl
Would like to but busiest time of year for me.
Nov 2021
8:50pm, 1 Nov 2021
206 posts
  •  
Kanajlo
I've signed up for this year, I'm currently busy procrastinating.

I've completed it twice befoe back in 2012 and 2014 I think, and I've entered it many more time.

This time I'm attempting to write a story about a Troll who lives under a bridge.
Nov 2021
9:01pm, 1 Nov 2021
38,686 posts
  •  
Purps
1191 words completed this evening. Not sure if this is the way the story will go, but I started with bells ringing at midnight and a mysterious package being left on a front door step. Fingers crossed I can complete it this year.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Mikuro
Nanowrimo! nanowrimo.org - join the site and join the group!
BEGINS 1st of NOVEMBER, ENDS 30th of NOVEMBER!

Valuing enthusiasm and perseverance over painstaking craft, NaNoWriMo is a novel-writing program for everyone who has thought fleetingly about writing a novel but has been scared away by the time and effort involved.<br>

Because of the limited writing window, the ONLY thing that matters in NaNoWriMo is output. It's all about quantity, not quality. The kamikaze approach forces you to lower your expectations, take risks, and write on the fly.<br>

Make no mistake: You will be writing a lot of crap. And that's a good thing. By forcing yourself to write so intensely, you are giving yourself permission to make mistakes. To forgo the endless tweaking and editing and just create. To build without tearing down....