Nailvember 2020

1 watcher
Nov 2020
12:47pm, 3 Nov 2020
1,040 posts
  •  
The great dollop
I rarely post in the forums and am more of a lurker, but as many of you do know me from a long long time ago, and have met if only fleetingly whilst I'm at work, I thought it might be ok to post this up on here.

I'm taking the Nailvember challenge (www.nailvember.co.uk) to wear Nailvarnish for the month to draw attention to those unspoken things and raise money for charity.

This year I'm supporting Mind, which in lockdown#2 is going to need more funds than ever before. If I hit my target I'm going to go and add the Samaritains into the mix too. Last year I raised over £1000 for the Sussex Beacon (they who put on the Brighton Half Marathon - for their HIV respite care and support work).

I'd really like it if I can get others to join in - even if it is with just one Nail polished - there's a Justgiving Team page and you can raise money for any charity you want to - the activity is a means to an end - drawing visible awareness to a often hidden problem that needs our support. You'd also not believe how much fun the conversations you can have when people broach the subject and talk about it with you ! - so Gentlemen - be vulnerable, show courage, and discover fun and fundraising !

My justgiving page is here - justgiving.com so any support would be welcomed ! You can set up and team up your own justgiving page really easily if you want to.

Join me because come thursday - what other positive fun things are you going to do in Lockdown2 anyway ?

Follow me on Instagram as Nailvember_UK too..

And thank you for having a read - any ideas for photoshoot opportunities (including with my Cats) most welcomed...
Nov 2020
12:59pm, 3 Nov 2020
13,196 posts
  •  
Ultracat
Good luck.

Interesting as Diabetes UK are asking people to paint their nails blue for world diabetes day on November 14th.
Nov 2020
1:59pm, 3 Nov 2020
1,041 posts
  •  
The great dollop
Ah - nice one Ultracat I didn't know that !- I guess that's more gender inclusive across Men and Women...

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by The great dollop
I rarely post in the forums and am more of a lurker, but as many of you do know me from a long long ...