Myasthenia Gravis

2 watchers
Jan 2022
8:53pm, 24 Jan 2022
First-time poster!!
  •  
Spike52
Hi all! I’ve been a member of Fetcheveryone for some years now and forgot all about the site for a while due to my health I’ve still been training but not entering any data on here. Anyway I met a person up the park the other day when I was dragging my old carcass round my 5k route and we got chatting about Fetcheveryone. Well that gave me the jump to start plotting my data and a new enthusiasm to record my times albeit a little hit and Miss! My question, is there anybody out there with myasthenia Gravis. It’s something I have from the legacy of thymus cancer quite rare I’ve been told. I’ve lived with this for a few years now and it goes from hour to hour so training can be hit and Miss but saying that I do enjoy going for a nice run walk only 3 miles but thats my limit before I’m knackered. Is there anybody else out there in the same boat? I myself don’t like giving up if I can run a little that does me if I can swim or go to the gym that fine. So if anybody else has any advice I’d be happy to hear
Jan 2022
9:00pm, 24 Jan 2022
19,221 posts
  •  
Ness
Hi, Spike52. This has been mentioned in the forum before.....

fetcheveryone.com/forum/myasthenia-61572/
Jan 2022
7:45pm, 26 Jan 2022
29,553 posts
  •  
macca 53
Myaware.org is a good resource (disclaimer: Mrs macca used to work for them)
Jan 2022
4:35pm, 29 Jan 2022
5,504 posts
  •  
Iron_Mum
*waves to Spike* yep, I have MG, but am *almost* symptom-free after a thymectomy 20-odd years ago. For me it never really affected the major muscles too badly - it was mostly the throat/lips and upper arms. Couldn't smile properly for years, and had to rest my arms several times while trying to wash my hair.

So not sure I can be much use, other than making you feel that little less alone!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Spike52
Hi all! I’ve been a member of Fetcheveryone for some years now and forgot all about the site for a while due to my health I’ve still been training but not entering any data on here. Anyway I met a person up the park the other day when I was dragging my old carcass round my 5k route and we got chatting about Fetcheveryone. Well that gave me the jump to start plotting my data and a new enthusiasm to record my times albeit a little hit and Miss! My question, is there anybody out there with myas...