Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

MyAsics training plans

2 watchers
Jun 2014
4:14pm, 5 Jun 2014
36 posts
larkim
Programmes like Furman, P&D etc have their own threads on here, so, whilst apologising for looking like I'm promoting a corporation, why not this one? I stumbled upon it a few years ago when I was looking for something which would get me through my first ever running challenge - Chester Half (2011).

my.asics.co.uk

I can't be the only person with a FE account who has used the MyAsics training plans. I'm sure it will have its detractors, and its not for everyone (probably too low mileage for most!), but the things that really stood out for me were:-
- ease of website use
- customising when the long runs took place
- webcal link to share plan into my google calendar
- upload of runs from gpx
- emailed reminders of run plans
- nice descriptive descriptions (!) of run types
- ability to select whether to run twice, three times or four times (max!) per week
- fitted my mentality of "run fast(ish) or don't bother" :-)
- moderately helpful target setting

I'm sure there are other things I like (or don't).

Anyway, curious if anyone else has followed this successfully - hopefully the thread would be filled by people who have followed it (for good or ill), rather than just criticisms of it because it is unusual.
Jun 2014
9:49am, 6 Jun 2014
153 posts
snogard
To be very honest, when I tried these plans, some time ago before I found fetch. I found the reminders annoying and the runs too structured - lack of flexibility in the plans for me is their downfall.

Hope it works for you though :)
Jun 2014
10:35am, 6 Jun 2014
37 posts
larkim
Hey, at least someone else has tried!! I did start to wonder whether I was the only one in the UK actually using it!
Jun 2014
10:35am, 6 Jun 2014
38 posts
larkim
Hey, at least someone else has tried!! I did start to wonder whether I was the only one in the UK actually using it!
Jun 2014
10:14pm, 10 Jun 2014
102 posts
ICanDoThis
I've been thinking of trying it. When I input my info it just seems to have set speeds for the runs not intervals which i thought might be easier to follow.
Jun 2014
8:11am, 11 Jun 2014
39 posts
larkim
I read it that it doesn't expect interval training to be part of the programme. It just suggests some jogging, a reasonable amount of "comfortable" running (MP+1minute or so), "build up" runs (MP + 30s increasing to MP - 10s or so), "fast" runs (MP+10 or so), building up to pace and race pace runs later. As a consequence, I've never done intervals!

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by larkim
Programmes like Furman, P&D etc have their own threads on here, so, whilst apologising for looking l...