My OH has just twisted/pulled/hurt his back....

1 watcher
Sep 2011
12:43pm, 20 Sep 2011
5,774 posts
  •  
Liliaicha
....taking the shopping out of the trolley and putting it on the conveyor belt!

Now, this may just be an excuse not to put the shopping away at home, but he does seem to be in quite a lot of pain. It has eased off slightly, and I've sent him upstairs to go and stretch it a little.

He just wants to eat a handful of ibuprofen for the pain, but I'm wondering if heat or ice would be better at this stage.

Any advice?
Sep 2011
12:46pm, 20 Sep 2011
12,302 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
Hmm I had something similar. I couldn't actually stand or walk at all. I called the paras because I was really worried I'd slipped a disc.

Turns out it was a back spasm but I couldn't walk for several days and it was flipping agony. Took a couple of weeks rest - no driving - to get back going again. Your OH has my sympathy - I'd definitely get someone to check it out.
Sep 2011
12:54pm, 20 Sep 2011
5,776 posts
  •  
Liliaicha
Thanks JB, but OH doesn't not have my sympathy because this means I will have to drive back the 6 hours from where we are in France myself! :-o

Luckily he can stand and walk, although he couldn't undo his shoes!
Sep 2011
12:54pm, 20 Sep 2011
42,156 posts
  •  
runnerbean
snap had similar to this. I opted for a massage therapy and she loosened the spinal erectus (sp?) muscles and i was fine .

get someone to check it out asap
Sep 2011
1:06pm, 20 Sep 2011
13,231 posts
  •  
Stumpy
yep. get it checked out to ensure not bulging disc or anything.
keep him moving as much as possible as sitting still will make it worse. if he can move then gentle mobilisation. if it is a muscle spasm (and you should prob be able to feel that by prodding his back) then heat not ice.

and regular stops on the drive home to get out and walk about. otherwise he really won't be able to move at the other end.

and painkillers. add paracetamol to the ibuprofen.
Sep 2011
1:14pm, 20 Sep 2011
5,779 posts
  •  
Liliaicha
He can move. He has stretched it and has taken some ibuprofenl. He is now hunched over the table playing some stupid game on his iPhone. The little sympathy I had, has now gone!!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Liliaicha
....taking the shopping out of the trolley and putting it on the conveyor belt!

Now, this may jus...