My name's Duffo and i'm an....Archers Addict

1 lurker | 70 watchers
Sep 2022
8:03pm, 14 Sep 2022
59,756 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
My children (all 1990s) didn't read the Famous Five. There was much better reading material around by then. Fellmouse and Tink did read Malory Towers and were horrified at the relentless snobbery and bullying.
Sep 2022
7:26pm, 20 Sep 2022
9,839 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
I think if I was Alistair and had spent a long time married to someone who ran a riding school where all staff would have had to have undergone face to face safeguarding courses every few years I'd have probably picked up a few basic thoughts about safeguarding and would behave accordingly if a vulnerable, pregnant teenager decided to confide in me.........
Sep 2022
7:31pm, 20 Sep 2022
6,609 posts
  •  
Fields
He did try to initially… but clearly we are getting a lot of older men signposted as being in Chelsea’s life… which means it’s probably George scumbag Grundy which is probably why she doesn’t want to tell the family

I did enjoy Shula’s implication that working class people in the north east are a different species, probably the same sort of mindset that effects middle England regarding anywhere rural as being a long way from “civilisation”. Anyway, can’t wait for her to go and save Sunderland from itself
Sep 2022
7:36pm, 20 Sep 2022
9,840 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
Yes I got the impression that we are meant to think 'seeking for a father figure' in the Chelsea storyline and then when the big reveal is made it turns out to be someone her own age or younger..........
Sep 2022
2:32pm, 21 Sep 2022
3,767 posts
  •  
jacdaw
Still think it's Ben... but then I wondered about Jake?

Can't be George, too weird, and she really seemed to dislike him.

I can see Tracy (or Jazzer) getting the wrong end of the stick, and blaming Alastair.
Sep 2022
2:38pm, 21 Sep 2022
20,310 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Rather it wasn't Ben, but could have been at the ill fated rave where several main characters got vaguely wasted - including Ben who had broken up with Beth.
Sep 2022
2:40pm, 21 Sep 2022
20,311 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Isn't George Chelsea's second cousin or something? Doesn't make any difference I was just trying to work the relationship out. Susan is George's gran, but Chelsea's auntie.
Sep 2022
2:49pm, 21 Sep 2022
6,623 posts
  •  
Fields
Hadn’t thought of that, I’m not very good with family trees! Ben is a good shout

I can’t think of ever having heard Jake!
Sep 2022
3:08pm, 21 Sep 2022
9,844 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
Jake hasn't been heard (or mentioned) for a while. I can't even remember now if he is older or younger than George. I'd like the dad to be Ruari - and how he explains that to Julie Ann.
Sep 2022
5:40pm, 21 Sep 2022
3,768 posts
  •  
jacdaw
Didn't Jake take Chelsea to see Jaws, and then she went off to meet her mates at the pub? It could have led on to things that haven't been shared with us.

George's mother (Emma) is Chelsea's cousin. What does that make George and Chelsea? Second cousins, or cousins once removed, or some such?

I'm sure it will be Ben solely because that will cause the most Eastenders style grief.

About This Thread

Maintained by Duffo
Yes, every Sunday morning i listen to the Archers.

tunabake