My knobbly ankle bone hurts.....Advice please?

0 watcher
May 2012
12:50pm, 18 May 2012
4 posts
  •  
deebxx
Hi everyone! I was wondering if any of you had any advice for me.....I have cut my mileage for the past 3 weeks or so from 30 mpw to 10 mpw or so because I was poorly. Feeling a liitle bit better I went out for a trail run a week and a half ago (6 miles) and did something to my lower right leg. I didnt feel a pop or anything it was something that came on the next day.

It hurts about 1-3 inches above my knobbly ankle and the actual bone hurts to press feels bruised (it also hurts either side just above the knobbly bit). Any impact hurts (including walking), it also hurts when I lift my toes towards my knee and flex foot outwards (like a penguin!!!). No swelling or bruising.

I have taken a week off running and its a little better but not as much as I would expect for a whole week off. I ice it 2-3 times a day. Can anyone offer me any advice on what this may be and experiences?
I have taken a picture of area of pain and will try to attach in next post (dont know quite how I can)
Thanks all, D
May 2012
12:55pm, 18 May 2012
5 posts
  •  
deebxx
May 2012
1:01pm, 18 May 2012
12,922 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
Dont know what is wrong, but the knobbly bit is the lateral malleolus. Might help if you are hunting round for info.
Sorry I cant help more.
May 2012
1:07pm, 18 May 2012
533 posts
  •  
neems
No expert but can only say that's the area I used to get pain when I suffered from peroneal tendonitis issues. Might be worth looking to see if that fits your sypmtoms?
May 2012
7:41pm, 18 May 2012
6 posts
  •  
deebxx
Googled that Neems......sounds all to familiar! Thank you for your advice.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by deebxx
Hi everyone! I was wondering if any of you had any advice for me.....I have cut my mileage for the p...