My first ever race! (Advice / Tips welcome)

4 watchers
Apr 2013
10:01am, 26 Apr 2013
14,142 posts
  •  
DeeGee
CBA to read back.

Get your kit ready the day before, including filling in the bumph at the back of the number and attaching the chip if you have been sent these.

It's not a good look, but a binbag will keep you warm and dry if you're likely to be hanging around for long outside.

Try not to hit stop on your Garmin as you're crossing the line or it'll make your finish photo look like this:

Apr 2013
10:16am, 26 Apr 2013
1,935 posts
  •  
Grid
Good luck Endorphins Junky.

If I was to offer only a single piece of advice, it would be to enjoy it.

For all the good advice here, you'll learn at least one important thing in your first few races that won't get mentioned in this thread - experience is your best friend. So just enjoy your first few races and take it from there.
Apr 2013
11:53am, 26 Apr 2013
8,687 posts
  •  
fleecy
Try not to forget your number, chip, safety pins, *insert important item here*. I'm still working on that one!
Apr 2013
8:16pm, 26 Apr 2013
162 posts
  •  
Neilio
EJ- for peace of mind, there are proper toilets at the Stadium of Light start (and finish). Good bag storage as well. Good luck and enjoy it above everything else.
May 2013
7:20pm, 1 May 2013
129 posts
  •  
icelandic trigirl
Hey, I missed your report. How did it go? I hope you had a great time :) (pun intended, of course)
May 2013
4:02pm, 2 May 2013
92 posts
  •  
Griffo
Enjoy every step .

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Endorphins Junky
So, my first ever race is on Sunday – the Sunderland 10k.

What advice / tips can my fellow Fetc...