My first black toenail (no pics)

0 watcher
Zeb
Apr 2011
9:58pm, 24 Apr 2011
412 posts
  •  
Zeb
Thanks for the advice (maybe not the eating bit). Will try to see a podiatrist this week to see if it needs draining, or whether it will sort itself out.
Apr 2011
10:18pm, 24 Apr 2011
18,667 posts
  •  
Dave A
We need pictures ;)
Apr 2011
5:39pm, 27 Apr 2011
168 posts
  •  
Mrs mjb
It might be cheeper to by a bottle of dark coloured nail varnish and paint your toe nails so they are all the same colour! My mum has done this for years - she has not got a single toe nail that has not gone black and dropped off at least twice in the last 20 years:-(
Apr 2011
5:53pm, 27 Apr 2011
7,254 posts
  •  
Pootle
File the top of the nail down until it is really thin, helps releive the pressure a bit but as others have said this should pass itself in a few days.

I always burst my blisters and remove the skin as I am too imatient to wait around for them to heal before I can get back out for a run.
Zeb
Apr 2011
12:04pm, 28 Apr 2011
416 posts
  •  
Zeb
Saw my friendly podiatrist yesterday, and she said although it's bruised and is likely to fall off at some point it doesn't need draining or trimming at the moment. She's given me a gel cover for it, and cleared me to run on the proviso I stop if it really hurts, and has said she'll clip it / file it as necessary. So I did a little four mile jog yesterday without any problems.
May 2011
12:20pm, 13 May 2011
111 posts
  •  
Kimbles67
Don't know what the hell happened but I have just lost *yet* another toenail. That's four I've lost since the ADT Edinburgh half waaahhh!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Zeb
At around mile 19 of VLM I got a really nasty pain in my big toe - it felt like my toenail had been ...