•  
larkim
fetcheveryone.com/mile-view.php?id=2511 - ID 2511
May 2020
4:55pm, 18 May 2020
24,043 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Weird. Maybe because I ran it through the tester several times.
May 2020
9:08pm, 18 May 2020
16,047 posts
  •  
Rosehip
dcrainmaker.com

The more miles we can put on here and use and make leaderboards for, the better :)
May 2020
9:12pm, 18 May 2020
7,801 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
Anybody having problems remembering where they have created miles? It would be good if there was some alert if you try and create a mile than is over say 50% over the top of one already created.
May 2020
9:16pm, 18 May 2020
5,974 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
I saw that article RH. I’m curious to know if those changes were the reason I didn’t get a silver medal on a segment today even though it was my second fastest time (2nd fastest of my own runs, not second fastest on the leaderboard). I couldn’t see anything in that article about that though.
May 2020
9:56pm, 18 May 2020
402 posts
  •  
Rrunner
Thanks for sharing RH that was an interesting read. The key thing I took from is that their business model isn't working despite all that cash pumped into it. Is anything free on strava these days apart from adding an activity to their database?
May 2020
10:04pm, 18 May 2020
11,080 posts
  •  
larkim
To be fair to strava their free product has been pretty damned good for a long period of time with no intrusive advertising. I’m amazed it’s lasted this long with most of the functionality for free, as a runner I tried it a few times with the premium options but couldn’t see anything worth paying for. Whereas some of the features I have used I would have been prepared to pay for at various points.

Though my cash is better directed to Fetch etc!
May 2020
6:30pm, 27 May 2020
1,613 posts
  •  
bonners
Ran through a couple of my miles today and they haven't registered. Is there a queue system, ie, will it be there if I check back in an hour?
May 2020
7:31pm, 27 May 2020
7,936 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
I think they are nearly instantaneous. I’ve had some near misses with the start or the end missed though so maybe just check you ran them exactly?

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Come and see our growing database of special miles:

fetcheveryone.com/mile.php

How do I add a Fetch Mile?
Go to any entry in your training log, and look for the Build A Mile link just above the map. Click that, and drag the slider to highlight the relevant mile. Give it a name and a description, and save it!

Fetch's To Do List
6) Some way of picking up your historical visits
9) A way to see your own miles
11) Badges for creators and visitors
12) Everything else.

Fetch's Done List
1) Make run and bike into separate leaderboard tables
3) Ability to add an image.
2) A 'Back' button that returns you to the last-viewed area rather than home
4) Elevation graph
5) Larger clickable area for individual miles
7) Jump To Location box for easier navigation