muscle pain after all exercise

2 watchers
Jul 2011
7:34am, 26 Jul 2011
7,911 posts
  •  
Pootle
See, that's what I meant about she trains A LOT! I wasn't just on about the running. How on earth do you find the time TR? Do you sleep much?

I agree with pretty much what everyone else has said, if your body is hurting it is trying to tell you to take a break. Hope you feel better soon TR.
Jul 2011
11:38am, 26 Jul 2011
830 posts
  •  
curly45
Tiny - who did your schedule? It looks quite hard as in lots of fast paced stuff...you do need to have cutback weeks too.

I dont see any problem with all the cross training either since your mileage is quite low, but the 80/20 rule is usually a good one for hard sessions versus easy mileage.

For example, I train 50-60 miles a week at the moment and do 2 sessions as part of that, the hard running totals about 7 miles and every 4th week I have a one session week with less miles. Now thats for 5k training, for marathons you can get away with less hard running and more miles. Just thoughts of course. none of us know you like you do.
Jul 2011
11:48am, 26 Jul 2011
12 posts
  •  
Tiny Runner
Schedule is by a very experienced and successful coach, but I have added the x-training (except core). Training with him has led to PBs at every distance from 5K to marathon. The other girls seem to manage! Maybe I'm just not cut out to run fast :(

JohnnyO - muscle disease?? That can't be good...

(BTW I am very thankful for all the advice!)
Jul 2011
12:04pm, 26 Jul 2011
833 posts
  •  
curly45
I was just wondering is all. My coach would never set that much hard stuff at once you see. That looks like a Horwill style regime (although probs not enough mileage for his taste).

You *are* cut out to run fast, but we all respond to training stimulus differently. I know this might sound mad but perhaps you could talk to your coach and ask if he could ease back on your sessions for a few weeks. Its really important to provide feedback so they know what works for you and what doesnt. Just because the others can handle it doesnt make you weaker or less than them. They might have been running years and years or might not be doing any xtraining.

I would definitely book in with the gp though and get a blood screen done anyway to be on the safe side :)
Jul 2011
12:35pm, 26 Jul 2011
35,860 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
TR
Is your coach aware that you are doing the additional cross training?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Tiny Runner
Over the last couple of weeks my muscle recovery has declined. My legs hurt all the time. The same a...