Motorola ACTV

3 watchers
Dec 2011
9:43pm, 3 Dec 2011
106 posts
  •  
Clatters
Anyone got one of these new gadgets ? They look pretty good, and I'm considering one, but I don't want to lose all my 300+ runs which are stored on Garmin Connect. Don't suppose anyone knows if these runs could be exported to Motorola's traing software ??
Dec 2011
10:06pm, 3 Dec 2011
6,628 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
I've looked at what it says on its website and that doesn't help. It does have ANT+ technology in common with Garmin, and Garmin will export files in a number of standard formats, so I would say it's highly likely you can import these - what's the point of a standard format if it's not used? Also it's in Motorola's interests to help you migrate your old training to their system.

Their picture of it shows it strapped to the upper arm, so if that's the norm, you'll not be able to use it as a watch.

On the other hand, I doubt the basic competence of a company that says its product is "scratchproof, just like you" - they've never seen me after I've run past an unnoticed bramble.
Dec 2011
5:55am, 4 Dec 2011
107 posts
  •  
Clatters
Thanks Chris - you're right, their website doesn't help much ! But im thinking what you are in terms of being able to migrate files, etc As for the armband thing - I think that's an optional extra, e.g. You buy the watch but can change it to an armband for a few more quid !!
Dec 2011
5:51pm, 4 Dec 2011
18 posts
  •  
twelveone
I'm quite tempted by this, but it doesn't look like you can export logs to gpx for importing to fetch :(

Battery life with this thing looks bad as well.
Dec 2011
7:46pm, 4 Dec 2011
108 posts
  •  
Clatters
Good point twelveone ! Perhaps Lord Fetch should do some investigative research on our benefit ?!
Dec 2011
6:57pm, 27 Dec 2011
First-time poster!!
  •  
Bueller
I have ordered one of these gadgets and I am expecting it this week so can give you a heads up on it then - it does come with the watch strap from what I have read - yeah battery life seeemed like a slight concern although there is an update on it and from what I have read an 8 hour battery life seems more than possible which is enough for me - although in respect of uploading the details to this site I dont know yet although there certainly seems more than enough for another community on the motorola webpage.
Dec 2011
7:30pm, 27 Dec 2011
111 posts
  •  
Clatters
Good work Bueller - and welcome to Fetch !! We await your report keenly - well I do at least !!
Jan 2012
5:40pm, 2 Jan 2012
34 posts
  •  
twelveone
For anyone who's interested, there is a site (posted on the motoactv forum) that let's you convert from the csv file (format you can download workouts from motoactv.com) to tcx, to import into fetch: dev.zinu.co.uk

I contacted the guy who set this up and he sent me an example motoactv workout csv file, and I tested the conversion and it uploads fine into fetch.

I'm still debating whether to get one of these. Can't make my mind up between this and the FR610.
Jan 2012
5:49pm, 2 Jan 2012
1,103 posts
  •  
Kimbles67
I "think" Nywanda has one of these.
Apr 2012
4:39pm, 30 Apr 2012
11,086 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
You can now upload your CSV's straight to Fetch - I've only had two to test on, so if you run into problems, let me know. There's a link on the training home page, and also on the 'Add Training' page. Thanks :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Clatters
Anyone got one of these new gadgets ? They look pretty good, and I'm considering one, but I don't...