MotoGP - advice please :)

1 watcher
Apr 2016
4:11pm, 19 Apr 2016
1,550 posts
  •  
Julzy
Can anyone help me please? I know nothing at all about MotoGP but am looking to buy my new bf a couple of tickets to see Valentino Rossi race at his home track in Mugello, Italy next year.

Any idea when the new season dates are announced? Is this like the F1 when they have a practice day and then the race day? Is it worth buying tickets for the practice day too?

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks 
Apr 2016
4:27pm, 19 Apr 2016
5,378 posts
  •  
Kimbles
The season has already started. Works similar to F1. Qualifications are on Saturday for GP1. Spain is this weekend.

motogp.com
Apr 2016
5:04pm, 19 Apr 2016
1,551 posts
  •  
Julzy
Great thank you, I'll check that link out property later. I'm hoping to get tickets for next year and buy tickets before they sell out. I guess Rossi's home track will sell out pretty quickly??
Apr 2016
5:11pm, 19 Apr 2016
3,172 posts
  •  
Nelly
Julzy, it looks like you can still get tickets for this years race at Mugello next month, so maybe it doesn't sell out as quickly as you'd expect.
Apr 2016
5:11pm, 19 Apr 2016
698 posts
  •  
_paul
That will be an incredible race to go to! Italy is fantastic, Mugello is an amazing circuit and being Rossi's home GP it will be great!

Definitely get them booked as soon as you are able too. The race calendar is normally announced towards the end of the preceeding season, then tickets subsequently come available for each event.

Camping at a MotoGP event is an experience for sure and saves any hassle getting in and out of the track each day. First practice is Friday morning, followed by an afternoon session for each of the 3 classes.

Sat morning is another practice session followed by afternoon qualifying, then warm up and racing throughout Sunday.
Apr 2016
5:50pm, 19 Apr 2016
1,552 posts
  •  
Julzy
Good point Nelly

Thank you so much Paul, that's a real help. BF has just arrived so I'd better log off haha
Apr 2016
8:13pm, 19 Apr 2016
5,379 posts
  •  
Kimbles
Julzy my daughter is a huge Rossi fan. She is desperate to go to Italy to watch him ;-)
Apr 2016
11:25am, 20 Apr 2016
1,553 posts
  •  
Julzy
Hi Kimbles :)

I'm new to all this MotoGP stuff, I'm just learning about it all now thanks to my new bf. I've found out that Rossi's birthday is the same day as my bf (albeit 10yrs apart ;) ) Pointless info I know haha

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Julzy
Can anyone help me please? I know nothing at all about MotoGP but am looking to buy my new bf a coup...