Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Mortons Neuroma

12 watchers
Apr 2015
1:28pm, 4 Apr 2015
1162 posts
Fitz
Thanks NRGEE. I hope surgery isn't required, will see how I get on with the sandals. Not convinced they're anything other than snake oil but happy to be proved wrong. Good to hear you're completely cured. Happy running!
Oct 2015
6:04pm, 20 Oct 2015
778 posts
Jubear
Allow me to resurrect this thread...

First, really pleased to read your surgery was so successful NRGEE, almost encourages me for what i think is to come
I have a 4mm neuroma in my left foot - yeh, tiny - confirmed in 2012 and successfully managed with wider shoes - i was very very keen to avoid surgery

Earlier this year i started the same sensation and pain in my right foot, only a bit more intrusive, I can't crouch down on that foot etc, though I'm still running (a bit) at the moment. Given that Ive already said I'd like to avoid surgery for as long as poss, wider shoes and forefoot pads not making any difference, any other advice on managing it before I seek professional help?
Cheers!
Nov 2015
11:00am, 17 Nov 2015
1327 posts
Fitz
After an x-Ray, 2 ultrasounds and an MRI, my foot pain has been diagnosed as bursitis between the 2nd and 3rd toes. I've had a cortisone injection so hopefully that will fix it.
May 2019
3:57pm, 22 May 2019
20431 posts
Lizzie W
LD, have you considered Correct Toes or Alignment socks (happy feet I think)?
correcttoes.com
drruscio.com
And foot-shaped, wide, flat, flexible shoes(secure at the ankle?
3 Feb
4:26pm, 3 Feb 2020
9466 posts
Gymfreak
Hello. I think I might have this. I have no pain at ALL but a lot of discomfort under my toes. I’ve had it since august. In that time I haven’t been able to run more than 6 miles twice a week but I’ve had periods not running at all, didn’t seem to make much difference.

I can feel it a lot, but it’s definitely worse when running. I feel it was VERY gradually improving but has now got worse again to the point running is just very uncomfortable so I don’t want to. Just came back having shortened my run in a huff.

Could I have this but not have any actual pain? And if I do, how do I find out and how do I get rid of it.

I had an x ray that was clear about 3 months ago. NHS physio has a massive wait and the appointments are a month apart (!) so don’t want to waste a lot of time with a physio if I should really be seeing a podiatrist or some other sort of foot person

Thank you for any help 😊
rhb
29 Sep
10:46am, 29 Sep 2020
1488 posts
rhb
I have pain that may well be this. Is surgery still the main permanent solution?

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by hellen
Just been to the Dr with my hurty foot. He thinks it is MR and is getting me a referral to a podiatr...