Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

More efficient running style

183 watchers
21 Sep
10:48pm, 21 Sep 2021
2443 posts
  •  
Canute
Kieren, I am sorry to hear that you have been injured.

GRF is approximately proportional to body weight divided by the proportion of time spent on stance. As you usually spend a smaller proportion of the stride duration on stance as you increase pace, GRF increases. Therefore as you come back from injury, be cautious about getting airborne. If you plan to use both cycling and running to recover fitness, I would be inclined to consider a combination of easy running and more intense cycling in the early stages.
21 Sep
11:24pm, 21 Sep 2021
4227 posts
  •  
Kieren
Thanks Canute. I picked up an avulsion fracture to my talus in a trail race. As injuries go, it's not terrible. I could do other types of fitness and load bear to an extent - more so than say a knee or back injury.

I've been able to spin and resistance train. Eversion and dorsiflexion were the laggards but are finally catching up. I was thinking about track intervals because they are flat but defer to your suggestion. I see the physio on Friday whom I think will give me very cautious beginner plan.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by cabletow