Mizuno Wave enigma: how many miles?

1 watcher
Apr 2012
4:34pm, 7 Apr 2012
901 posts
  •  
WobblingTime
I used to run in Mizuno Wave Riders, but switched to Enigmas earlier this year, as I was only getting 200 miles out the Wave Riders before I wore them out. I tend to thump down quite heavily in my trainers, so was recommended the Enigmas as they're more cushioned than the Rider.

I'm running my first marathon next Sunday (oh my God oh my God) and I've logged 213 miles in my Enigmas. As my previous Wave Riders have given me grief around the 200 mile mark, I've been fretting that the Enigmas will cause similar problems too, and today I went in search of a new pair but couldn't find any in my size.

The Enigmas haven't caused any problems yet, so do I just calm down, stop fretting, and wear them with pride next Sunday? Or do I spend the next few days trying to track down a pair for next Sunday? Does anyone else run in Enigmas, how many miles do you comfortably get out of them? Or can sometime tell me where I can find that very informative chart which shows the average mileage of each shoe?

Ta
Apr 2012
4:44pm, 7 Apr 2012
251 posts
  •  
YorkshireLass
I run in Mizunos, but not either of those, and usually get just over 500 miles out of them, but that's beside the point.

I would suggest not panicking about it. If the ones you're running in are still feeling good, I'd stick with them. If you buy a new pair now, you won't really have them broken in properly in time for the marathon (GOOD LUCK with it, btw!) - I always find a new pair of shoes takes a couple of weeks to be ready to do long distances in.

Disclaimer: all of the above is a personal view and is based on nothing other than my own experience. I make no promises your shoes won't fall apart at a crucial moment ;-)
Apr 2012
8:32am, 10 Apr 2012
907 posts
  •  
WobblingTime
Thanks YP
Ted
Apr 2012
8:41am, 10 Apr 2012
11,192 posts
  •  
Ted
Yes WT, chill out. Don't let what has happened with another pair of trainers affect how you think about these ones. Enjoy your marathon and focus your concentration on crossing that finish line with your head held high.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
I used to run in Mizuno Wave Riders, but switched to Enigmas earlier this year, as I was only gettin...