Misdirected email - have you got someone's misdirected email?

1 watcher
May 2020
3:02pm, 18 May 2020
11,076 posts
  •  
larkim
I use gmail and my "natural" name, so quite commonly get gmail for other "me"s around the world. I'm no "john smith" but I suppose my name isn't that uncommon. Every so often I have to politely reply because the email seems important - I've had lawyers sending house purchase documents to be e-signed (from the US), family photos distributed, and congratulations on my organ recital.

Today's is my favourite.

An order confirmation for my fish & chips delivery. Nothing hugely important or unexpected in the current climate. All seems quite legitmate, just a mis-typed email address, probably missing a middle initial or an abbreviated name.

Except for the fact it is from Vietnam's self styled "Best Fish & Chips in Saigon - if not Vietnam" - "the quintessential British Fish & Chips restaurant in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City." Who knew?
May 2020
11:10am, 19 May 2020
1,856 posts
  •  
PenW
I’ve had a deliveroo email (I’ve never used deliveroo) about an order they couldn’t fulfil - the contents of the order were interesting or disturbing depending on how you looked at it :-O
I don’t have a common name though it seems I might share it with a student in Manchester!
May 2020
11:25am, 19 May 2020
1,133 posts
  •  
Paul N
Other way around for me. My name isn't wildly common, but was second to the draw for the company email. There was a PaulN in Dublin who got the unaltered version, while I was stuck with PaulN1@xyz....

He was forever getting emails he shouldn't have, both commercially sensitive and "others". He did come in one Monday morning to a cache of photos involving a rugby match in Dublin, rickshaws and some overenthusiastic corporate hospitality.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by larkim
I use gmail and my "natural" name, so quite commonly get gmail for other "me"s around the world. I&...

X

Free training & racing tools for runners, cyclists, swimmers & walkers.

Fetcheveryone lets you analyse your training, find races, plot routes, chat in our forum, get advice, play games - and more! Nothing is behind a paywall, and it'll stay that way thanks to our awesome community!
Get Started
Click here to join 112,269 Fetchies!
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here