Midnight Sun Marathon

3 watchers
Jun 2013
7:19pm, 6 Jun 2013
34 posts
  •  
Darina
Hi :-), I am going to Norway in a few weeks to run the Midnight Sun Marathon. I was just wondering if there is anybody here who ran this race before and who could provide some intel about their experience. I've never been to Norway and am very excited about going and would welcome any info about your experiences - what's the race like, what the weather was, how's the organisation etc. Thanks in advance :-). Darina
Jul 2013
10:32pm, 5 Jul 2013
345 posts
  •  
beebop
Hi, Darina - I didn't see your post until now, so can't tell you anything you don't now know - hope you had a great run: I loved this race! :-)
Nov 2013
1:09pm, 14 Nov 2013
24 posts
  •  
mickeysalz
I have just signed up for this in 2014. How was the experience this year and do you have any tips?
Jul 2014
11:25am, 10 Jul 2014
2,100 posts
  •  
Crooked-smile
boing. considering this for next year... mickeysalz did you run this year? anybody else around that's done it?
Jul 2014
1:22am, 13 Jul 2014
3,645 posts
  •  
Nywanda
Becca7 has done it. I got as far as forking out for race entry and hotels but missed the boat (literally) by leaving the flight booking too late, so that the only way I could've reasonably gotten there was by a 5 day ferry cruise thing which cost The Earth & went to every wee port between Bergen and Tromso! Book travel as soon as you're confirmed is my wee tip ;-)
Jul 2014
8:29am, 13 Jul 2014
1,813 posts
  •  
Old Man
Am sure Marts (Werrington Joggers) has done it as well, or maybe it was "only" the half
Jul 2014
8:54am, 13 Jul 2014
212 posts
  •  
timaru
Would love to have a bash at this marathon. ...... who knows what will happen in the future
Jul 2014
10:29pm, 17 Jul 2014
4,224 posts
  •  
Marts
OM is right, I did this in 2007 (full mara), the bridge is brilliant, it rained loads, it's a fast course, but TBH it's not in my top 10 fave maras and I wouldn't rush back.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
Hi :-), I am going to Norway in a few weeks to run the Midnight Sun Marathon. I was just wondering i...