(midland) 6 stage road relays

1 watcher
Jan 2016
5:40pm, 21 Jan 2016
84 posts
  •  
olde english
I'm quite keen on the idea of getting my club back competing in the road relays but finding it quite difficult to get much detail. A fair few articles are out there about how numbers/standards are down etc, but not so much actually selling how great they are or why your club should do them...unless they're a rubbish nightmare which is why nobody talks about them. Anybody out there who's recently run in them and knows how they work? E.g can I take subs that can still race and get a time, how much is entry, is there entry criteria. Any info appreciated even if it's they re brilliant of they suck. Cheers!
Jan 2016
5:54pm, 21 Jan 2016
2,458 posts
  •  
FreshStart
Info on the next relays here midlandathletics.org.uk

I've never taken part in the Midlands relays but have volunteered and there is usually a massive variety of standards. Some clubs take it seriously, others seem to treat it as a social day out and have a lot of fun. Entry fees are usually pretty reasonable. If you look at past results everyone gets a time even in incomplete teams. I think you have to declare possible runners in advance when you enter and then declare the team on the day (this may have changed).

Try contacting Ian Clarke runbritain.com
Jan 2016
6:12pm, 21 Jan 2016
85 posts
  •  
olde english
Perfect. Cheers!
Jan 2016
6:34pm, 21 Jan 2016
1,806 posts
  •  
sLickster
There'll be quite a few on fetch that have done the Midland and National Road Relays at Sutton, so plenty of opportunity to ask questions and get answers. Our club has entered for the last few years and made the nationals for the first time (club is only 12 years old or so). But plenty were there for the 'experience' as, on a nice sunny day, it can be a nice day out! I took a few photos of the Nationals (and it was the 12 stage): facebook.com

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by olde english
I'm quite keen on the idea of getting my club back competing in the road relays but finding it qui...