Metatarsalgia

2 watchers
Mar 2013
10:39pm, 6 Mar 2013
67 posts
  •  
Morf
following months of progressive pain i finally went to GP who referred me to Orthopeadic Dept at hospital for Intermetatarsal Birscitis. I have had 3 steroid injections, burning has eased but now have sharp, pulling sort of pain in middle toe all the time, worse in flat shoes or barefoot. I feel worse off than before I ever went to GP.

Any advice on metatarsal pads? Hospital doctor is now recommending surgery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 2013
10:55pm, 6 Mar 2013
7,647 posts
  •  
Caterpillar
Eeeek. Sorry that might not be much help but I am sharing your pain.
Mar 2013
10:58pm, 6 Mar 2013
4,365 posts
  •  
AngusClydesdale
Well, my gut reaction would be to go with what the doctor said, what with him (or her) being much cleverer than I and having spent at least 7 years doing hard labour to prove it.

But if you want to spend your hard-earned on metatarsal pads, it's a free country and it's your money.
Mar 2013
8:51am, 7 Mar 2013
544 posts
  •  
Jubear
AnCly made me laugh, sorry, I'll try to focus now

I've used Metatarsal pads (cheap, over the counter ones) for MN. They moved around under my foot when running, so didn't do any good, and tho they stayed put in other footwear I'm just not sure whether they helped as much as the other coping strategies. I don't use them now.

Good luck, whatever...

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Morf
following months of progressive pain i finally went to GP who referred me to Orthopeadic Dept at hos...