Metatarsalgia - help/advice please

2 watchers
Oct 2016
11:34am, 6 Oct 2016
9,659 posts
  •  
Liliaicha
Not me, but my OH has been suffering with this for a few months now.

He was diagnosed by a podiatrist who stretched/manipulated his foot and taped it up. In subsequent appointments he has had some kind of laser treatment. All this has helped, but not fixed the problem, and soon as he runs or even just does a bit of walking it hurts again.

He has been pretty good about icing it and doing the prescribed stretches, but is now getting a bit frustrated. Total rest would be difficult because he's on his feet a lot with work, but not sure what to do now.

See his GP? Persevere with exercises?

Any advice gratefully received :)
Oct 2016
11:52am, 6 Oct 2016
3,894 posts
  •  
Red Ant
Has the podiatrist given him some orthotics? If they have, does your husband use them for every shoe (including trainers)?

Is is his laser therapy lithotripsy (shockwave therapy)? I attended a lithotripsy conference a while ago that emphasised the importance of stretching regularly throughout the day, with the most important stretch being the one BEFORE you got out of bed.

Hope things improve for him... it's not a nice thing at all :(

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Liliaicha
Not me, but my OH has been suffering with this for a few months now.

He was diagnosed by a podiat...