Mental health support thread.

34 watchers
Jan 2022
5:58am, 14 Jan 2022
8,877 posts
  •  
The Terminator
Hello. Can anyone signpost for me please. Sure there used to be one round these parts? Not trying to be dramatic, I have looked honest guv...
Jan 2022
6:14am, 14 Jan 2022
2,411 posts
  •  
PenW
There is the depression thread.

fetcheveryone.com/forum/depression-23197/

I hope you are ok.
Jan 2022
6:53am, 14 Jan 2022
8,880 posts
  •  
The Terminator
Thanks pen. Had found that one but thought there was another. I've offloaded there for now though. I'm not sure about OK but I'm here and communicating so that's good right?

Oh and Fetch if you're about feel free to delete this thread or change to a general mental health support thread if there is not another as, I'm new to this, but mental health is about more than depression right (this is a general question and not aimed directly at you Fetch x)
Jan 2022
7:41am, 14 Jan 2022
27,018 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
As thread owner, you can change the title - it’s in the ‘About this thread’ box.
Jan 2022
8:01am, 14 Jan 2022
8,882 posts
  •  
The Terminator
OK thanks Fetch.

So yeah I can offer no advice on mental health but will listen and if nobody posts and the depression thread catches all mental health issues then fantastic.

Peace 💚
Jan 2022
10:48am, 14 Jan 2022
40,940 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
TT, best wishes to you. Mental health is a hugely important (and popular!) topic in society today. I will be a watcher and reader, probably not got anything very helpful to add!

Happy to share, if anyone wants to listen to my ramblings of course. Always feel Fetch is a great, safe place to do so. Cheers, :-) G
rhb
Jan 2022
10:55am, 14 Jan 2022
1,868 posts
  •  
rhb
but mental health is about more than depression right

I think so yes. Tuning in, can't promise I'll contribute much but thanks for opening the conversation.
Jan 2022
10:56am, 14 Jan 2022
40,942 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Does anyone use Headspace or any other meditation apps, tapes (showing my age), techniques? How helpful is it?

What are the sorts of things that are causing people problems with their mental health (not including clinical depression, I suppose, because there is a separate thread for that) ?

One thing for me is very much a first world problem - the gap between expectation and purpose in life and the daily "grind" of just surviving and keeping head above water. Causes me periodic existential angst! :-) G
Jan 2022
11:09am, 14 Jan 2022
4,179 posts
  •  
Curly45
I dont want to say too much at the moment, but yeah... thread appreciated.

Been just talking each day as it comes and trying breathe through the moments of absolute crushing dread. They are getting less often which is good.

I hope you can find a route that works for you TT.

I like walking HappyG for headspace, not tried any apps or anything.
Jan 2022
11:17am, 14 Jan 2022
8,884 posts
  •  
The Terminator
Thanks guys.

I think my mental health issues go back a long long way but having been in education for as long as I was and seeing the increase in issues there and amongst family members and friends I would suggest social media and issues such as climate change, covid and growing inequality have all contributed to a decrease in people's resilience.

Or is it just more acceptable to talk about now, the mental health issues have always been there and there is no increase?

About This Thread

Maintained by MaT.T
Share, connect, talk, listen, advise. Just don't struggle alone.