•  
Rosehip
Thanks Dave :)
Mar 2021
1:34pm, 2 Mar 2021
3,283 posts
  •  
phal
Sorry to hear that folks have been struggling. And have come across unhelpful people too :-(

Quick question - has anyone had any issues with soya at all? We're veggie, and the first month (few years ago) that we played about with eating soya I had a stupidly short cycle (not touched much soya since) and never had one that short again, so it was either extreme coincidence or.....

However, we had sausages with soya in last night and I had an awful night's sleep last night and restlessness and hideously awful anxiety this morning too - worst for ages. I just wondered if anyone else had issues or heard of anything or whether it's just another random coincidence? I know that soy and oestrogen production can sometimes have a link.....

I hadn't been back to update on where things got to with the doctor. Suffice to say I was not happy with the outcome - the lovely doctor was finishing his placement so the decision was referred on to his senior doctor - they decided that the pill was not an option as they didn't think there were any hormonal links and offered me propranolol instead.... allegedly the cyclically linked things (which are *still* occurring cyclically!) were only happening because I was looking for them to happen and no other reason. Because that's really easy to do with an irregular cycle, obviously. FFS. Fortunately I seem to have settled a bit more - still up and down and odds and ends still going on, but I'm coping with it a bit better now.

Thanks for the links on the previous page - I'll go and have a look at some point.
Mar 2021
2:43pm, 2 Mar 2021
51,700 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I eat meat and vegetarian meat substitutes including soya products pretty much interchangeably and have never noticed any symptoms that could be attributed to soya. If phytoestrogens had any noticeable effect on the human hormone profile, which they probably don't, they would be likely to be beneficial in the perimenopause.
Mar 2021
4:09pm, 2 Mar 2021
3,284 posts
  •  
phal
Thanks V’rap - I’ll put it down to coincidence 😝 and a shit night 🤪
Mar 2021
7:27am, 10 Mar 2021
3,840 posts
  •  
Pothunter
I popped in here to post the Bad Boy Running podcast but Dave beat me to it. I found it very interesting and would really recommend listening. Also, get the men in your life to listen.
Mar 2021
2:11pm, 12 Mar 2021
5,339 posts
  •  
TheScribbler
Oof... I am circling around a sinesy, above my eyes kind of headache again today, and I'm feeling tired and demotivated for the third day in a row. Also plucked 2 mahoosive black hairs off my face last night.

I've been out for some fresh air, been for a run, but still a bit blergh and wanting to stuff my face with carbs and chocolate
Mar 2021
3:33pm, 12 Mar 2021
3,287 posts
  •  
phal
Sorry to hear you're feeling crappy Scribs. Hope it passes soon. I'm having a shite phase as well at the minute.

I've just finished reading Peri Menopause Power by Maisie Hill (she of Period Power book which was fab). Came out at the start of this month - really good book - good balance of geek and sensible and other bits and bobs. And helpful too. She writes how she talks, so there is the odd profanity, but when you're talking about perimenopause I think it's appropriate ;-)
Mar 2021
7:25pm, 12 Mar 2021
21,195 posts
  •  
Serendippily
Woken with a flush every night for a week now. Boo. Last two nights a bit better about getting back to sleep
Mar 2021
8:03pm, 12 Mar 2021
2,771 posts
  •  
fraggle
I’m having keyhole surgery on my ankle in 4 weeks time, I’ve had to come off hrt and am wondering what delights the next 28 days have in store ...
Mar 2021
9:33pm, 12 Mar 2021
45,612 posts
  •  
LindsD
:(

About This Thread

Last July a blood test indicated that I was going through the menopause (GP did it as due to using D...

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.