•  
LindsD
Yes, exactly. Feel much better.
Feb 2021
1:45pm, 16 Feb 2021
51,907 posts
  •  
DrPhleecingD
HRT isn’t a cure for all ills, but if it helps you cope with life stuff when perimenopause makes that tricky, then that seems like a good reason to stay on it. Certainly as good a reason as hot flushes!
Feb 2021
1:54pm, 16 Feb 2021
45,037 posts
  •  
LindsD
That's what I think
CK2
Feb 2021
11:15pm, 16 Feb 2021
715 posts
  •  
CK2
That sounds good LD as the HRT might support the counselling work.

Katie - I was told I had shrivelled ovaries following a scan (over 15 years ago!)
Feb 2021
10:41am, 24 Feb 2021
13,481 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
My work are doing a menopause awareness session which I’m currently listening at, I have to say it’s so good. They said they will give us some resources at the end so I’ll send over what they do. They are following it up with a session for line managers so I hope that this will help fellow women in future.
Feb 2021
10:54am, 24 Feb 2021
46,113 posts
  •  
runnerbean
I’ve been quite lucky that my boss is only 18 months older than me and we’ve kind of suffered the same things.

It seems to be at last getting out into the open more.
Feb 2021
10:55am, 24 Feb 2021
21,617 posts
  •  
Meglet
That’s great GG.

I’m struggling this week with low mood and mild anxiety. I have no motivation to do anything yet I’m really busy at work (too busy) and it’s getting on top of me. Can’t decide if it’s a combination of lockdown stress and work stress and normal, or if it might be menopause related. I’ve definitely had some low days since Christmas, which is really unlike me, but then these are unusual times.

My run this morning was awful, I walked most of the second half.
Feb 2021
11:00am, 24 Feb 2021
13,483 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I have just said on the chat part of the presentation that even though I had surgical menopause 13yrs ago, am largely out the other side, but still have symptoms particularly around fatigue, low mood, anxiety. I always put the anxiety down to the anaphylactic that nearly killed me off, but I think a portion of it is menopause. It’s hard to lift my spirits some days, I had no peers to talk to at the time it was more their mothers going through menopause at the time and I was very conscious about it. I couldn’t have HRT the hot flushes at work were horrendous I was one of 20 women with circa 1500 men in the workplace. They were brilliant but I couldn’t hit I had a power surge.

It so good they are doing this I really feel grateful today.
Feb 2021
11:25am, 24 Feb 2021
45,248 posts
  •  
LindsD
Meg, that's how I am at the moment, and how my run was yesterday. Awful.

That's great that they are doing that gg.
Feb 2021
11:41am, 24 Feb 2021
21,618 posts
  •  
Meglet
I was so busy on Monday and Tuesday and had zero motivation for exercise in the evening. I had to allow myself to wallow a bit and eat junk, but I can't do that all the time.

About This Thread

Last July a blood test indicated that I was going through the menopause (GP did it as due to using D...

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.