Memories of the 70s

4 watchers
Jun 2016
10:45pm, 25 Jun 2016
20,920 posts
  •  
halfpint
Also born 1978 but every photo seemed to be orange and brown. Forget sepia or black n white, the '70s had their own colour scheme.
Jun 2016
10:50pm, 25 Jun 2016
11,886 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Lots of people are listing things that came after joining the Common Market. For example punk rock. I bet Edward Heath never expected that to result.

Ah the good old days of the papers publishing schedules of when the electricity would be turned off and sawing branches off trees in the glen because there was no coal.
Jun 2016
11:08pm, 25 Jun 2016
7,486 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Sorry Dvorak, getting old - no memory of what happened in what order without looking it up!

How about not being aware of how much danger we were in from rampant paedophiles and "playing out" all the time before getting a bit older and trying to get to go to TOTP?

Curtains frozen to windows still occurring in the late 80s in a rented flat with no heating - and much more recently frozen windows when we ran out of oil.
Jun 2016
11:19pm, 25 Jun 2016
2,967 posts
  •  
Molesy
Frost on the inside of the windows

Seeing your breath when you woke up in the morning

Time just stopping on a Sunday afternoon, nothing on TV except bloody Songs of Praise.
Jun 2016
11:42pm, 25 Jun 2016
39,583 posts
  •  
swittle
Vesta curries - strange cubes, shrivelled veg and an odd powder but the end product was oddly exotic.

Flared trousers.

'Trendy' knitwear.
Jun 2016
9:03am, 26 Jun 2016
2,852 posts
  •  
Old Man
Smoking in offices, shops, infact everywhere

Where I started work in 78 an ash tray was standard issue with filing trays and pens etc for new recruits. When I said I didn't smoke I was told that visitors to my desk might!!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by 2leftpedals
If we go back to the time before we joined the EU and life reverts to how it was in the mid 70s...