Medial tibial stress syndrome recovery

1 watcher
b8s
Mar 2016
1:34pm, 2 Mar 2016
6 posts
  •  
b8s
I've been struggling for a while with medial tibial stress syndrome...have had physio which has been a huge help, but I still have a slight twinge where the pain was. It's not bad enough to be actually painful when running, more of an increased awareness of that spot/dull ache. I'm just wondering if this is a normal part of recovery that will fade over time or if it means I'm not fully recovered yet and it will start getting worse as I run more?

I don't want to risk getting hurt again as I'm supposed to be doing my first half marathon in May and would like to get to training for it properly!

I know I should ask my physio therapist, and I will when I see him again next week but I just wondered if anyone else had experienced the same thing and what the outcome was?
Mar 2016
4:58pm, 2 Mar 2016
6,658 posts
  •  
becca7
I had this a couple of years ago and I recall something similar. There would have been a spot on the shin that was very sore if touched. Has that gone?
b8s
Mar 2016
5:51pm, 2 Mar 2016
7 posts
  •  
b8s
The sore spot when pressed is gone. When pressing along my shin I find it hard to pinpoint exactly where the pain was, it's just a slight sensation when running. Is this what you had? How did you get on?
b8s
Mar 2016
5:51pm, 2 Mar 2016
8 posts
  •  
b8s
The sore spot when pressed is gone. When pressing along my shin I find it hard to pinpoint exactly where the pain was, it's just a slight sensation when running. Is this what you had? How did you get on?
Mar 2016
10:16pm, 2 Mar 2016
6,659 posts
  •  
becca7
When the sore spot was gone I did some easy running and it was fine. I didn't have any recurrence. There was a tiny bump where the sore spot had been.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by b8s
I've been struggling for a while with medial tibial stress syndrome...have had physio which has bee...