Medial Ligament Knee

2 watchers
Feb 2016
4:18pm, 27 Feb 2016
150 posts
  •  
deslauriers
Hi mad4,

From my own experience, try to ensure that you keep that leg flexible and do all quad strengthening exercises. I pranged mine again at Christmas. I've managed to get back to full activity: martial arts- lots of jumping, high kicking and impact- as well as running and cycling. I haven't yet let fly running, but have had no problems running up steps two at a time.

However, I still get a pain in the morning depending on if the other leg has been lying on the medial side of the knee. Certain jumping and twisting motions (jumping turning kick, for example) are still not without problems.

It's a tricky one.. Keep strengthening and stretching. Although, gymnastics means you'll have plenty of background in those at least.
Feb 2016
9:13pm, 29 Feb 2016
33,430 posts
  •  
mad4purple
Thanks deslauriers, I have no background in gymnastics, I went to an adult session having not done anything remotely cartwheely etc for over 20 years and it was either a cartwheel or a missed jump on a rebound trampoline that did it. Glad to hear you're almost back to normal. Mine has been bothering me a lot the past 2 days, I hope it's just an increase in walking that's just inflamed it rather than something else.
Feb 2016
9:31pm, 29 Feb 2016
151 posts
  •  
deslauriers
Keep stretching, doing strengthening exercises (loads on internet) and it'll start to feel better. Just don't push it, but don't be afraid to keep it moving even if it feels stiff.
Feb 2016
9:44pm, 29 Feb 2016
33,431 posts
  •  
mad4purple
Thanks. I've a few from a physio I was seeing for patellofemoral discomfort.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by deslauriers
Anybody else had this? I believe I may have damaged this in the summer. Didn't cause any pain or pr...