MDS - Marathon Des Sables

12 watchers
Oct 2012
1:10pm, 9 Oct 2012
36 posts
  •  
Peds1
Hi everyone, I'm aching to do this but haven't picked a year yet (finances issue). I've travelled through the Middle East and Kenya on foot so I'm hoping the Sahara won't throw too much out of the ordinary at me. I came second in an ultra (37 miles) in 40+ degree heat in Kenya too and I love the whole 'carry your life on your back' thing, overnighters and multi-days. So I thought if I joined this group I might be able to keep up the training until finances improved enough to enter.

Thanks

Peds
Oct 2012
9:00pm, 12 Oct 2012
41 posts
  •  
Peds1
Update, just registered my interest for 2015!
Mar 2013
6:56pm, 28 Mar 2013
135 posts
  •  
Peds1
Is anyone a member of www.themds.co.uk ? I have been trying to gain 'membership' for months but despite three different registrations I am still not allowed to post anything. I can log in and see their posts but can't contribute in any way. Despite sending many messages on the 'contact us' page, I have had no reply whatsoever.

If anyone else here is a member could you please send the hierarchy there a message and say that I would like to contribute (log in name 'Peds').

Thanks

Peds
Mar 2013
11:28pm, 28 Mar 2013
14,283 posts
  •  
flanker
Peds, I am. Although no used it for ages. I'll see if I can dig out my password etc.
Mar 2013
12:16pm, 29 Mar 2013
136 posts
  •  
Peds1
Flanker, thanks very much for replying. It's a bit frustrating lol. I just hope they reply. I'll pm you my e-mail so you can use it in your e-mail, thanks again.
May 2013
7:26pm, 20 May 2013
155 posts
  •  
Peds1
Finally I receive an e-mail about MdS registration only to read this:

Thank you for registering your interest in the 2015 Marathon des Sables. We anticipated opening registrations at the beginning of June, but are currently developing new software to improve the both the registration process and subsequent handling of your entry.

Once we have set a date for registrations to open, we will contact you with full details of what you will need to do in order to enter. We will aim to give you one to two weeks’ notice.

Oh C'mon!!!!!! lol
Oct 2013
7:29am, 14 Oct 2013
736 posts
  •  
joint ear knee
Anyone going to the Mds expo in London on Saturday?

Anyone got a spare ticket?!
Jan 2014
4:59pm, 8 Jan 2014
2,470 posts
  •  
ChrisThePuma
I would love to do this for many reasons - but yes the cost is the only thing preventing me.

Can anyone give (not lend) me £4000 please? :-)
Apr 2018
10:03pm, 24 Apr 2018
8,373 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
In a moment of madness I've been googling MdS for the future.... so have any of you done it? Will I ever get as far as registering I don't know, but for some reason I want to do races that push me to the max I think I may have cabin fever haha
Apr 2018
12:11am, 25 Apr 2018
17,541 posts
  •  
flanker
If you want to push yourself there are far better stage races that cost far less and are far more of a race.

In my jaundiced opinion is full of Men's Health willy-waving-w*nkersm PT clients, rich financiers, and Rory Coleman. I expect some of the foreigners running are quite nice :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by Alexv
I have started the topic for anyone doing the MDS or has done the MDS. I have a place for 2013 and...