Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Marcothon

42 watchers
Dec 2019
4:04pm, 3 Dec 2019
22011 posts
DontRestYeLazyMaclennane
I don't know if I know a lot about running, but I've done a fair bit. Finding it useful to get me out of the door.
Dec 2019
4:30pm, 3 Dec 2019
33500 posts
Merry Christmas & Happy New G(rrr)
Mac - you're super experienced. You know about rest and recovery. You'll be fine. Listen to the body and all that though. Use it to motivate but not to ignore a niggle! Good luck! Enjoy! :-) G
Dec 2019
6:23pm, 9 Dec 2019
139 posts
Incognito
I've just done a nice relaxing 3.8 miles to keep in the game, and pushing my current monthly total to more miles that I did in April or May.

Happy G(rrr) from what I've been told the challenge is aimed at experienced runners who otherwise lack the discipline to get out and run; and I certainly meet at-least the second half of that.
Dec 2019
9:21pm, 9 Dec 2019
771 posts
Vixx
I'm using it to gently start boosting the mileage for my own streak. Too many 1 milers earlier in the year :(
Dec 2019
10:53am, 10 Dec 2019
33602 posts
Merry Christmas & Happy New G(rrr)
I've met too many "new to running" runners or 3 easy runs a week max runners, who are doing it and I expect breakage before end of Dec! Actually, 2 of our running club (who while they have done marathons, were on very carefully controlled plans) who are broken already.

The thing about injuries is, if you are young, you can bounce back from them. Arguably, they're almost a rite of passage. You almost need to experience what running too much and breaking yourself and the annoyance of being unable to run, in order to believe it and inform your training going forward.

But for older runners and for those who have a serious injury, it could put you out for a long time and/or put you off running for good.

Anyhoo, continued good wishes to those for whom it is a motivator and also a safe running experience! :-) G
Dec 2019
5:23pm, 31 Dec 2019
144 posts
Incognito
I've just completed my runniest month since June last year, and I'm glad it is now over.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by MikeR.
The idea is simple run everyday in december, complete a minimum of 25 minutes or 3 miles in each run...