Maravan cleethorpes 19 and 20 November 2022

8 watchers
18 Nov
9:42pm, 18 Nov 2022
1,424 posts
  •  
riggys99
Good luck to those running on Saturday and to DeeGee for the entire weekend.
18 Nov
11:02pm, 18 Nov 2022
8,623 posts
  •  
minardi
Good luck to you riggys99. Good luck DeeGee x
20 Nov
8:24am, 20 Nov 2022
1,429 posts
  •  
riggys99
Hope Saturday went well for those running. My turn today hopefully the rain and wind will hold off. Good luck to anyone else running today
20 Nov
9:08am, 20 Nov 2022
8,630 posts
  •  
minardi
I'm sitting in a warm kitchen drinking a hot coffee, thinking Thank Dog for a dodgy hip!!

Good luck!
20 Nov
7:16pm, 20 Nov 2022
1,433 posts
  •  
riggys99
A great mornings racing well organised by DeeGee and his team. My race Maravan race report

Was a bit cold when starting but soon warmed up to nice running conditions

swapping lead with 2 other runners till around mile 1 when I took the lead and ended up running the rest of the race solo. Time probably affected by this and a decision I made to concentrate on keeping in front and not risk blowing up as I figured this would probably be my only chance of winning a race.

Felt comfortable all way round and my main worry on the last of the seven laps was taking a wrong turning (very unlikely as the course was very well signposted and by the 7th lap I should have known my way 😁). Won the race by four minutes and according to fetch I went through the marathon point in 3:19.33
Pleased with run and how legs felt especially as my build up had been geared towards the half marathon with only one 20+ mile run. Will continue with the easy interval method style training as that seems to work for me.
20 Nov
8:13pm, 20 Nov 2022
8,633 posts
  •  
minardi
That is fabulous riggys99, many congratulations medal
20 Nov
11:03pm, 20 Nov 2022
1,435 posts
  •  
riggys99
Thanks

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by riggys99
Re started the thread for the 2022 edition of this great event. I can put people names and targets in the sidebar if people want to

Riggys99 Sunday full maravan sub 3:30