We don't hide behind a paywall!

Log and analyse training, find events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more.
Join Fetcheveryone

Marathon training plan

2 watchers
Oct 2015
11:24pm, 9 Oct 2015
15 posts
  •  
  •  
Wolfie74
Hi guys, just wondered if I could get some advice.

At the moment I'm training for Birmingham half so I'm running a bit more than normal but I normally run between 5 and 6 miles around 3 times a week, which is probably what I'll go back to after the Birmingham half.

I've got a place in the London Marathon in April so will be starting a training plan come January, trouble is some of them start very basic and are nowhere near what I already run early on.

Would I be classed as an intermediate runner and if so where will I find a decent marathon training plan, bearing in mind it's my first one.
Oh and I'm not too keen on ones that say quick for a few minutes then slow for some, I just want a very easy basic one to follow for my level.

Sorry about the big post
Oct 2015
9:11pm, 10 Oct 2015
973 posts
  •  
  •  
old mum
halhigdon.com
Oct 2015
10:34am, 11 Oct 2015
58 posts
  •  
  •  
runningdevon
Wolfie I dont think you can go far wrong by joining the HADD thread and base train from now until January. Then 12weeks out follow and P & D plan. Base training is the first hurdle to cover.
Oct 2015
10:16pm, 11 Oct 2015
16 posts
  •  
  •  
Wolfie74
What's the HADD thread mate
Oct 2015
12:56pm, 12 Oct 2015
9649 posts
  •  
  •  
FitterStu
HADD thread is: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=31192

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Wolfie74
Hi guys, just wondered if I could get some advice.

At the moment I'm training for Birmingham hal...

Virtual Badges

There are hundreds of badges to collect for various achievements around the site. And now you can generate a graphic to display all your best ones!

Fetch Limited Edition Buffs

Order now for immediate dispatch! Our elves are standing by!

The Fetch Book Store

With your help, we're building a collection of all your favourite running, biking, swimming and walking books.

Annual Training mileage

Take a look at our annual training mileage table to find out how your training volume compares for running, cycling, swimming and walking. Filter by age and gender too.