Marathon training plan

2 watchers
Oct 2015
11:24pm, 9 Oct 2015
15 posts
  •  
Wolfie74
Hi guys, just wondered if I could get some advice.

At the moment I'm training for Birmingham half so I'm running a bit more than normal but I normally run between 5 and 6 miles around 3 times a week, which is probably what I'll go back to after the Birmingham half.

I've got a place in the London Marathon in April so will be starting a training plan come January, trouble is some of them start very basic and are nowhere near what I already run early on.

Would I be classed as an intermediate runner and if so where will I find a decent marathon training plan, bearing in mind it's my first one.
Oh and I'm not too keen on ones that say quick for a few minutes then slow for some, I just want a very easy basic one to follow for my level.

Sorry about the big post
Oct 2015
9:11pm, 10 Oct 2015
973 posts
  •  
old mum
halhigdon.com
Oct 2015
10:34am, 11 Oct 2015
58 posts
  •  
runningdevon
Wolfie I dont think you can go far wrong by joining the HADD thread and base train from now until January. Then 12weeks out follow and P & D plan. Base training is the first hurdle to cover.
Oct 2015
10:16pm, 11 Oct 2015
16 posts
  •  
Wolfie74
What's the HADD thread mate
Oct 2015
12:56pm, 12 Oct 2015
9,649 posts
  •  
FitterStu
HADD thread is: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=31192

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Wolfie74
Hi guys, just wondered if I could get some advice.

At the moment I'm training for Birmingham hal...

Fetch Shirts and Vests

Preorder your long sleeve, short sleeve and vests by the end of January for delivery in February.

Track Your Exercise Reps

Press ups, sit ups, dips, squats - track it all here

The Ultra League

See the longest runs, rides, swims and walks from any given year on Fetcheveryone

Trader

Use your credits to buy and sell runners to make a profit. And 14 Fetch Virtual Badges up for grabs. Just for fun!

X

Free training & racing tools for runners, cyclists, swimmers & walkers.

Fetcheveryone lets you analyse your training, find races, plot routes, chat in our forum, get advice, play games - and more! Nothing is behind a paywall, and it'll stay that way thanks to our awesome community!
Get Started
Click here to join 109,854 Fetchies!
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here