Marathon training, middle miles plan
1:07pm, 22 May 2012
FairweatherboyI think it all depends on what works for you and only after a few attempts will you find the best course of action to take, as just looking through the advice on this thread you've got a number of different options, i'd say to jammy ant try not to run over 17 miles and see what happens, i ran my 3rd marathon 3 weeks ago and planned all my own training based on how i know my body copes and even though i still hurt the pain came on later in the race, im now planning another marathon in September and will probably adopt the same sort of plan, it's gonna hurt at some point in the race no matter what sort of training you do!
About This Thread
- 5:30+ marathon training schedule - looking for some advice Jan 2021
- Training for marathons Nov 2020
- 25 week marathon training plan Jul 2019
- Half marathon training advice Sep 2018
- Marathon training Long Runs - Why so shattering? Aug 2017
- Marathon Training Advice Please Jul 2017
- Marathon Training - Long Run - Only every second week Jun 2017
- Run/Walking a Marathon - Training strategy - Help please Jun 2017
- Which marathon training plan do you use? Sep 2016
- How many miles does your road shoes have in them when racing your road marathon? Mar 2016
Buy a Fetch buff
Order now for immediate dispatch!
Join us in 2024 for a part-virtual, part-gathering endurance event to celebrate 20 years of Fetcheveryone!
See all your training overlaid on one interactive map. A great way to remember everywhere you've been
Race Listings League
Which Fetchies have done the most to make our race listings as awesome as they are?