Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

marathon training - injured

2 watchers
Feb 2012
9:12pm, 25 Feb 2012
274 posts
shyfire
Echoing what others have said, dont panic.

Are you doing the usual 'sports injury' things rest/ice/compression/elevation? It might ease off after a few days and just be a minor strain rather than anything serious. Give it a few days to settle, if you can, introduce some X-training like cycling/elliptical then see how that goes. If you're running half marathon distance now even a couple of weeks off now wont scuper you.
Feb 2012
9:57pm, 25 Feb 2012
8 posts
Mrs Mo
Feb 2012
10:27pm, 25 Feb 2012
6162 posts
Stander
Have you considered trying swimming as cross training whilst it heals?
Feb 2012
10:41pm, 25 Feb 2012
6542 posts
(schnell)Schnecke
As others have said, you are at an early stage with the training so the injury is unlikely to make a big impact unless it turns out to be more serious. A couple of weeks rest/light training probably won't make a huge difference at this stage, especially if your goal is (very sensibly) to get round in one piece. Just don't panic and rush back into heavy training/distance until you can run comfortably on it. The rice thing should help (as shyfire says), and a sports massage might help as well.
Feb 2012
7:43am, 26 Feb 2012
9 posts
Mrs Mo
went swimming yesterday and going to go again this morning. It's so not the same though as you all know :'( I'll just have to go with it and be patient!

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Mrs Mo
hi guys I am in week 3 of Edinburgh marathon training and I have pulled my calf. I am currently at a...

Close