Marathon training - bike vs running?
9:27am, 25 May 2012
Old CrocTurbo great for efforts on cold wet or icy days - basically a holder for your bike - with a (variable) resistance wheel replacing the road. I would say a HRM is pretty much a must when doing turbo sessions.
9:29am, 25 May 2012
beebopBoth good points. I'll look into them, though I like the outside - could set up in the back yard, I suppose, give the pigeons something to laugh at too.
9:38am, 25 May 2012
UltraPauloMeglet - Yes you are correct. Ignore my error! 60rpm on the bike is a good start.
I typically use the bike once a week as a bit of recovery from running and cycle at about 80rpm, my running cadence is about 180 (or 90 if you are only counting one foot)...
About This Thread
- 5:30+ marathon training schedule - looking for some advice
- Training for marathons
- 25 week marathon training plan
- Half marathon training advice
- Marathon training Long Runs - Why so shattering?
- Marathon Training Advice Please
- Marathon Training - Long Run - Only every second week
- Run/Walking a Marathon - Training strategy - Help please
- Which marathon training plan do you use?
- How many miles does your road shoes have in them when racing your road marathon?
Track Your Exercise Reps
Press ups, sit ups, dips, squats - track it all here
The Ultra League
See the longest runs, rides, swims and walks from any given year on Fetcheveryone
Use your credits to buy and sell runners to make a profit. And 14 Fetch Virtual Badges up for grabs. Just for fun!
Are you doing the right training?
See typical mileage, pace and long run stats for every distance and goal. See a comparison with your own training.