Marathon question just a quickie thanks

3 watchers
Jan 2012
9:18pm, 7 Jan 2012
17,721 posts
  •  
ogee
Months taper is way too long, probably 2 weeks is best for your first one. Think my taper was 2 weeks for my first, but that was a few yrs back & can't really remember.
Jan 2012
9:20pm, 7 Jan 2012
2,355 posts
  •  
runningmumof3boys
Ok do it looks like I should deffo get another long one in After ashby then this is all great thanks
Jan 2012
1,152 posts
  •  
Old Man
I'll marshall at Folksworth but possibly support runners at Ashby and Stamford. Maybe see you at the Frostbite next week - if you go round a couple of times!!
Jan 2012
1,315 posts
  •  
HappyTimes
Make the long runs fun at least some of them and if you can do in company then all the better. If you can get say 5 of around 20 then you will be in a good place come race day. :-)
Practice practice practice fueling on these and know how often you are going to do this and what you are going to use for race day. Dont want that to be an issue come race.
Jan 2012
9:24pm, 7 Jan 2012
17,722 posts
  •  
ogee
Yes, looking back I think it was 2x20 milers, a 16 & then a 10 in the last four weeks followed by a week of 3 or 4 milers with no run on Fri/Sat. Marathon Sunday.
Bit of advice as well, go out for a few miles the day after the marathon, it may hurt at the time but will aid your recovery massively. Between 4 & 6 will do it.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by runningmumof3boys
I am doing Brighton marathon 15th April. I notice my last long long run of say 20 miles should be 3 ...