Man down!

1 watcher
Jan 2014
3:04pm, 22 Jan 2014
15,260 posts
  •  
DeeGee
So anyway, running to work yesterday I took my eye off the ball for the briefest of incidents and went groundwards with the force of 12 and a half stone of man falling over.

Skinned one knee and bruised the other. Didn't run this morning for precautionary reasons, but I'm feeling resonably confident of being able to put a few miles in tonight.

Is there anything I should do to protect or immobilise the bruised knee? The bruise is on the inside of the knee, just off the patella and about the size of a golf ball.

I have various different types of tape, if that would be handy.
Jan 2014
3:50pm, 22 Jan 2014
10,206 posts
  •  
mulbs
did you jump up pretending it didn't hurt while secretly wanting to cry?

sorry of no help in the what to do next bit, I was just curious
Jan 2014
4:12pm, 22 Jan 2014
3,930 posts
  •  
Jon_T
I think the best you can do tonight is rest and ice and fore go the run tbh
Jan 2014
4:28pm, 22 Jan 2014
15,263 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Yes to mulbs. Particularly as there was a witness. Arrived at work 15 mins later with a leg covered, and I mean cov-ered, in blood.

Boo to Jon T.
Jan 2014
4:31pm, 22 Jan 2014
3,626 posts
  •  
Dooogs
Obvious advice: don't fall over on it again before it's healed! Stick to well-lit, relatively even paths, or soft off-road trails (Cleethorpes beach?) for the next couple of runs.

Empathy: I've been there (albeit with more grazes and less bruising).

Jan 2014
4:50pm, 22 Jan 2014
2,611 posts
  •  
SpeedyMel
Have a day off. It's going to hurt. :-)

Did you squeal on impact? :-)
Jan 2014
5:21pm, 22 Jan 2014
9,964 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
I *believe* that ice is relevant only as long as you want to prevent further bruising. After that, warmth to increase the blood flow and healing. So reckons a famous Fetchie, and it makes sense to me.
Jan 2014
9:28pm, 22 Jan 2014
15,264 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Didn't squeal Mel, but released a loud flock of fucks in a posh part of town!

Taped the bruised area. Dressed the graze. Tested it for just a couple of miles or so. OK to run again tomorrow I reckon.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by DeeGee
So anyway, running to work yesterday I took my eye off the ball for the briefest of incidents and we...