Making Fetch Maps Proper Fullscreen

3 watchers
Jun 2016
2:24pm, 15 Jun 2016
1,864 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Any page that has a Fetch map, ie training glasses view, or Routes, or Conquercise, etc then the map is no more than about a third of the available screen estate - I've always wanted to be able to make it full screen, and have now worked out how to do it.

1. With a map on the screen, go to Street View - drag the Street View little yellow man onto a part of any road.

2. Street View has a full screen option top right - click that.
3. Come back out of Street View by clicking the left arrow top left
4. You can now choose between Satellite and Map view

and to undo
5. Press Esc to go back to standard size map and to get all the rest of the site

Note the above works on Windows 10 on a laptop using Chrome, not tested on a Mac, or Linux, or on other browsers
Jun 2016
2:37pm, 15 Jun 2016
172 posts
  •  
Silent Runner
Thanks Gus, I've always wanted to be able to do that when plotting and viewing routes. (I tried it first in Internet Explorer on Windows 10, and the screen went black when I exited from Street View. Luckily I've got Chrome, too).
Jun 2016
3:40pm, 15 Jun 2016
1,077 posts
  •  
Surelynot
Works on Firefox!
Jun 2016
8:39pm, 15 Jun 2016
2,898 posts
  •  
Molesy *pompoms*
Mac Firefox goes back to normal when you click on the left arrow, Mac Safari just goes black.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by K5 Gus
Any page that has a Fetch map, ie training glasses view, or Routes, or Conquercise, etc then the map...