Mad March Mile 2021

4 watchers
Jan 2021
4:58pm, 10 Jan 2021
6,249 posts
  •  
Alice the Camel
I've just spotted a post on the Facebook page of one of my local parkruns. There's an annual challenge held to raise money for Ronald MacDonald House, Bristol, who provide accommodation to parents with a child in hospital. The challenge is called the Mad March Mile and involves you committing to running a mile each day in March. Part of the £12 entry fee goes to support a local artist who will provide you with a handmade pottery commemorative mug. They are aiming to raise £1085 which will provide a month's accommodation at RMH. Entry details here:

entrycentral.com

I've been looking for a reason to target the smaller streak badges so may be tempted to give this a go. Anyone fancy joining me?
Jan 2021
5:11pm, 10 Jan 2021
19,378 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
Me. I'm in.
Jan 2021
5:24pm, 10 Jan 2021
6,250 posts
  •  
Alice the Camel
I've put a link to the Facebook group page in the side bar :-)
Jan 2021
5:29pm, 10 Jan 2021
19,221 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Possibly - I'm working out whether or not streaking suits me...
Jan 2021
5:43pm, 10 Jan 2021
6,251 posts
  •  
Alice the Camel
I've not gone longer than 14 days before Rosehip, but it does say you can do another form of exercise (walking) as long as it's a reasonable pace
Jan 2021
6:23pm, 10 Jan 2021
19,380 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
I'll probably not run every day - unless Idecide to RtS - but the option of other exercise appealed

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Alice the Camel
I've just spotted a post on the Facebook page of one of my local parkruns. There's an annu...

Link to the Facebook group page:
facebook.com