Mývatn marathon 2020 - with half, 10k and trail run options

13 watchers
Jan 2020
2:09pm, 13 Jan 2020
48,264 posts
  •  
Dr PhFleecyD
Ds2 has now descended into proper teen mode and is saying he doesn’t want to come after all. Not sure I’ll be able to persuade him unless I find a window in the Teen Attitude :(
If we could fast forward about 18 months so he becomes a human being again...
Will update if I make progress!
ITG
Jan 2020
2:30pm, 13 Jan 2020
8,197 posts
  •  
ITG
nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

DS14 was asked to wash up (i.e., put rubbish in bin and dishes in dishwasher last night). Honestly, you would think it was crypton factor challenge. Afterwards, I made him watch Kevin the Teenager washing the car episode. He was not amused and insisted he is not like that.

But he is. Right down to being super polite to his friends' maws.
Jan 2020
2:36pm, 13 Jan 2020
48,270 posts
  •  
Dr PhFleecyD
Maybe I could persuade him that he could hang about indoors playing PS4 or something with your teen while we’re doing the race ITG? I think once he heard I was doing a race he had visions of being dragged round with my ‘boring running friends’ (since all adults are officially boring!) even though I said we could hire a car and go see the boys of Iceland he hasn’t seen yet...
Jan 2020
2:37pm, 13 Jan 2020
48,271 posts
  •  
Dr PhFleecyD
Bits of Iceland stupid phone!
ITG
Jan 2020
2:56pm, 13 Jan 2020
8,200 posts
  •  
ITG
I was squinting at "boys of Iceland" and wondering how many he HAD seen!

I suppose if we just go for the day, he could stay in Akureyri with DS14 and the PS4. My OH would be there but I suspect a reluctant babysitter. Still, we can leave food. It's like leaving your dog with the neighbour's to check in for the day ;)
ITG
Jan 2020
12:51pm, 30 Jan 2020
8,312 posts
  •  
ITG
Right so...

Registration price goes up on 3rd Feb so if you are coming, get on it. So far, only Mr and Mrs Carp have told me they are coming.

myvatnmarathon.com

It's the 25th anniversary so I'm hoping for some good prizes! (Not that I will win them!)
Jan 2020
12:56pm, 30 Jan 2020
15,934 posts
  •  
Serendippily
I’m sorry ITG but I think my personal circs means I’m out. MrS knows I want to go, knows we can sign up for stuff last minute, so if we can we will but I don’t want to go without them xx
Jan 2020
12:57pm, 30 Jan 2020
15,935 posts
  •  
Serendippily
I will sponsor you though if you send me a link xx
ITG
Jan 2020
1:47pm, 30 Jan 2020
8,315 posts
  •  
ITG
Cheers, Dipps! I've not set up the fundraising yet as I'm trying to work it out. The charity is very local and doesn't have just giving page and they are trying to work out if it is worth the cost to them for them to sign up or if I should just do it and hand the cash over (which would mean no gift aid).

Maybe we'll see you in 2021.
ITG
Feb 2020
5:43pm, 18 Feb 2020
8,469 posts
  •  
ITG
Hello! I've finally got the justgiving page for the defibrillators organised. I'm not expecting Fetchies who've never or only briefly met me to sponsor defibrillators at the other end of the country but you might want to take a nosey anyway.

justgiving.com

About This Thread

Maintained by ITG 🇮🇸
Come run, cheer or sight-see around a quiet little marathon around a lake in North Iceland.

myvatnmarathon.com

More info on my blog:

fetcheveryone.com/blog-view.php?id=60676