Luton Marathon 2010

11 watchers
Dec 2010
8:16am, 16 Dec 2010
18,751 posts
  •  
Foxy Davy
Cornwall is indeed a bit of a trek, but in my opinion only windermere & Robin Hood are better.

The saturday night is always a great laugh with all the guys.
Dec 2010
8:20am, 16 Dec 2010
1,203 posts
  •  
Watford Wobble
Hopefully I'll be there at Luton. Running this time :-)
Dec 2010
8:22am, 16 Dec 2010
1,208 posts
  •  
a.k.a Billy
Alternative dates that don't clash are virtually impossible especially when you factor in the local XC league races too which the organising club competes in. But I was surprised they opted for the same date as St Neots which is a big race in this region.
Dec 2010
8:36am, 16 Dec 2010
18,752 posts
  •  
Foxy Davy
The attraction of Luton was the fact it was December's only UK road marathon - There will be folks given the choice will choose anything rather than luton because through no fault of the organisers it has been cancelled twice in 3 years :(
Dec 2010
8:47am, 16 Dec 2010
1,209 posts
  •  
a.k.a Billy
Exactly the reason they have sought an alternative date for? Next year is an important one for this race and it will sink or swim based whether they can get a decent turnout of runners.
Dec 2010
10:39am, 16 Dec 2010
70 posts
  •  
pikeman
I'm with Foxy... Cornish all the way... Loved it down there this year and would rather travel the extra distance to run in something I know I'll enjoy :-)
Dec 2010
11:10am, 16 Dec 2010
1,339 posts
  •  
sarah1
But hey well done to the organisers for coming up the a date nice and early! I think Luton will still be popular if the weathers kind it's even a possible PB course !
Tough call for me great Wknd in Cornwall or Luton my county marathon event :)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Foxy
looking forward to my first crack at Bedfordshire's Premier Road marathon.

If anyone is short o...