Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Lower leg compartment syndrome

1 watcher
Jan 2017
9:42pm, 20 Jan 2017
61 posts
JustTony
One of my many current injuries is left lower leg compartment syndrome. The google monster tells me that the most likely cure is surgery, whilst a physio I've seen a couple of times says I can be sorted with massage and stretching. I'm obviously hoping he's right, but just wondering if there are fellow sufferers out there who have successfully beaten it without surgery. How did you do it?
Jan 2017
10:10pm, 20 Jan 2017
22032 posts
HellsBells
Where has the diagnosis of compartment syndrome come from?

Acute compartment syndrome is a surgical emergency requiring urgent treatment and usually follows a sever injury. Chronic compartment syndrome is much less significant and responds to rest and changes to activity

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/compartment-syndrome/Pages/Introduction.
Jan 2017
10:14pm, 20 Jan 2017
62 posts
JustTony
Thanks for that HB. It's chronic not acute.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by JustTony
One of my many current injuries is left lower leg compartment syndrome. The google monster tells me ...