•  
AJH
22.01. :-D
Sep 2012
5:52pm, 2 Sep 2012
1,042 posts
  •  
Welshwomble (WW)
Blood tests arrange for Thursday - that's if I don't forget, brain like a sieve at the moment :(
Sep 2012
6:12pm, 2 Sep 2012
55,275 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I used to suffer from chronic anaemia on and off, caused by excessive periods. Was put on the pill for those, anaemia went. Was taken off the pill because I had been using ot for over 20 years and docs no longer wanted me on it... periods and anaemia returned :( I tried different strengths of supplements with more or less side effects. I tried the Spatone, didn't do anything. Tried floradix, which seemed to keep the levels slightly higher than low, but still not brilliant but gave no side effects. The doc prescribed ferrous sulphate gave side effects so in the end I ended up with a low-ish maintenance dose of ferrous gluconate, once a day with orange juice. Seemed to do the trick to keep energy levels up and gums/inside eyelids pink...

This year I have had higher energy levels than I have had since coming off the pill. I have gone into the menopause and periods have stopped. Regardless of annoying hot flushes, I have never felt better, whoop! Will be interesting to see what my levels are when I have my yearly full bloods done at the beginning of next year!
Sep 2012
6:13pm, 2 Sep 2012
55,276 posts
  •  
Hanneke
P.S. I have also stopped the iron supplementation and still feeling full of beans :)
Sep 2012
2:46pm, 3 Sep 2012
129 posts
  •  
Not so lazytoad!
I too know the feeling WW, to be fair if your anything like me a normal supplement just doesnt seem to cut it :(

Thats fab news Hanneke, I bet you feel like a new person :)
Sep 2012
8:26am, 14 Sep 2012
1,105 posts
  •  
Welshwomble (WW)
Good news - my B12 and iron levels are behaving themselves :)

Bad news - my Vit D levels are down :( so need to take supplements for the time being. I suppose I need my own lil thread now ;)
Sep 2012
8:30am, 14 Sep 2012
134 posts
  •  
Not so lazytoad!
Yay thats fab news WW :) hopefully your Vit D levels will respond quicker than iron ones do :)

Lol ;-)
AJH
Sep 2012
9:34am, 27 Sep 2012
81 posts
  •  
AJH
Can I ask what is probably a really stupid question?

alright then, can you set yourself back? I have been for the last few weeks rubbish at remembering to take the tablets, got loads going on. Then I raced hard at the weekend and prob celebrated bit too hard too. This week I have had an early v heavy period and I have had the energy to drag myself into work and thats it. No running no strength and core, I can barely stay up til 8.30. It's just overdoing it yeah?

I think its two weeks til I get back for more blood tests. I guess I will find out then.
Sep 2012
12:51pm, 27 Sep 2012
139 posts
  •  
Not so lazytoad!
Not a stupid question, I am certain you can AJH. Experience tells me that if I dont take my iron, then my bisy life rally takes its toll. Hopefully your back on your tablets now and they will kick in soon :) I find even when I am taking them that hard races or a weekend of partying still leave me pretty jiggered!

K x

About This Thread

Maintained by Nutso Lazytoad!
Hi All

I wonder if anyone can help me, I have been running for about 18 months and confess to ha...