low bone density- do you have this?

10 watchers
Sep 2021
4:11pm, 2 Sep 2021
1105 posts
  •  
lady alton
NRGEE I'm not long back on them too. Had a break from the biphosphonates but started to have issues with my feet after a few years so in January persuaded my GP to put me back on them. Last DEXA much the same as the one before some osteopenia (hips) some osteoporosis (spine). Aging into my bone age now, but take calcium and vit d on top of weekly stuff.
Sep 2021
6:53pm, 2 Sep 2021
12489 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
I have just had it confirmed I now have Osteoarthritis in hands, feet, big toes. Injection in one hand done and it has helped.

Next annual infusion for osteoporosis is due in November
Sep 2021
3:24pm, 8 Sep 2021
1106 posts
  •  
lady alton
My mum has the infusion but her last blood test found her vit d was too low. This needs to come up before they will prescribe but they don't prescribe Vit d. By the power of Amazon I ordered and got some delivered to her. Very low levels so she needs 2 a day for two months before they retest and see if they can prescribe. such a faff
Nov 2021
9:35pm, 2 Nov 2021
12931 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Aledronic acid annual infusion booked in for next week - was wondering if there might have been a delay but nope bang on time
Nov 2021
8:35am, 3 Nov 2021
794 posts
  •  
Steve NordRunner
Good to hear there is no delay. I must check when mine is due. Last time they said my vit D was on the high side, if anything. I get my pills from Justvitamins at a good price.
Nov 2021
5:00pm, 23 Nov 2021
1109 posts
  •  
lady alton
Mum has only just had hers so much following up to do.
Nov 2021
5:22pm, 23 Nov 2021
13040 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Have already had the appointment through for next year's phone consultation.

Not too many side effects this time, very tired for about a week and achey and the normal sore gums but small price to pay
Nov 2021
9:22pm, 23 Nov 2021
869 posts
  •  
Steve NordRunner
I checked and my next infusion is due January. I don't remember tiredness from last time, but that could be as much about age and memory :) hope the side-effects wear off promptly, Mandymoo.
Nov 2021
9:37pm, 23 Nov 2021
13045 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Thanks Steve NordRunner am feeling much better now

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by NRGEE
I am wondering how many fetchies have been diagnosed with a low bone density by a Doctor- probably b...