Lovely Loose Legs aka the Sports Massage Thread

4 watchers
Aug 2014
10:00pm, 27 Aug 2014
5,674 posts
  •  
becca7
I have had massages from a few others when mine has been unavailable and I don't think that the more painful ones were better.
Aug 2014
9:53am, 30 Aug 2014
51 posts
  •  
idle_wilder
Had my first sports massage after Dundee Marathon (my first marathon) - turns out, when I'm in that kind of pain, I giggle. Who knew?! Was a little embarrassing, but really couldn't help it - gave him a laugh though! Needed to concentrate on my quads & back - I didn't even think of my arms, but by god, did it hurt when he started on the backs of them!

Next one after Glenmore 12 Hr next weekend - now THAT should be interesting!
Aug 2014
12:15pm, 30 Aug 2014
2,786 posts
  •  
RevBarbaraG
The interesting thing is that I've had quite a bit of niggling and achiness in the few days since I had the massage. This has happened a few times, and then it settles down. I wonder if the work she does releases something which causes me to move differently, and then I get soreness in muscles which are now doing more work than they did before?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by RevBarbaraG
Share experience of sports massage