Longest pre-mara training run - clothing advice

1 watcher
Apr 2012
6:46pm, 26 Apr 2012
141 posts
  •  
ButterflyLou (MrsMothy)
I must add that my alternate week 'theme' is based on have step children on these weekends and managing cover with Mothy who is also training for Embra.
Apr 2012
6:48pm, 26 Apr 2012
142 posts
  •  
ButterflyLou (MrsMothy)
*have* means having
Ted
Apr 2012
6:55pm, 26 Apr 2012
11,284 posts
  •  
Ted
Your plan seems spot on Lou to fit your life. The cycling adds to your training so you will be fine.

just don't set off too quick at Embra, it is very easy to do.
Apr 2012
6:59pm, 26 Apr 2012
143 posts
  •  
ButterflyLou (MrsMothy)
Thanks again Ted. I"m planning to practice on Saturday starting off deliberately easier for the first 4 miles then getting into my comfy pace which seems to be 10m/m. Fingers crossed I can then do the same on race day. I do get Garmin obsessed anyhow to keep to the correct pace (OCD related). :-0
Apr 2012
6:59pm, 26 Apr 2012
1,880 posts
  •  
SpeedyMel
Lou have you ever worn the shorts before? I've never had trouble with a top, always wear an assortment for training then race in my Fetch top, but my bottom half depends on my mileage. I find that after about 10 miles I get a bit of a gripey stomach, and then have to make sure the waistband on my tights/shorts is loose. Therefore limiting me to only two choices for a long race. Could you run in the shorts and try them out but with long sleeves while it's cold? :-)
Apr 2012
7:00pm, 26 Apr 2012
1,881 posts
  •  
SpeedyMel
Oh, and might see you at Edinburgh. No chance of me setting off too quick! ;-)
Apr 2012
7:35pm, 26 Apr 2012
144 posts
  •  
ButterflyLou (MrsMothy)
I've worn the shorts previously but not since last year - defo not ventured out in them this year yet! I usually wear the same styley bottoms with the pull cord (which I never pull). Think I'll give them a go and show off my 3/4 length tan lines!! I'll be wearing a Macmillan vest SM so not obvious but I always wear a white visor. I try to always say hi to Fetchies though.
Apr 2012
7:45pm, 26 Apr 2012
1,882 posts
  •  
SpeedyMel
Hope to see you, I'll be easy to spot, I'm the one at the back! :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Hi folks - I have my longest training run of 24 miles on Saturday morning. I have been told to have ...