London Marathon Fetchpoint 2019

32 watchers
Apr 2018
11:24am, 23 Apr 2018
39,948 posts
  •  
Bintmcskint
Top photos!
Some really great action shots and so many happy runners and Fetchpointers :)
Apr 2018
11:46am, 23 Apr 2018
10,825 posts
  •  
Girlie
I'm sorry I couldn't make it yesterday. All being well I will be fit and healthy enough for either side of the barrier. I did miss being part of the Fetch party
Apr 2018
12:57pm, 23 Apr 2018
26 posts
  •  
mattglen_
Thanks to everyone who was on Fetchpoint yesterday! I personally had a very tough race, the heat ruined me, but spent may miles looking forward to Fetchpoint!

I will definitely be on the other side of the barrier next year! I'm already eyeing up the red side of the post race foil for potential bunting...
Apr 2018
1:33pm, 23 Apr 2018
4,535 posts
  •  
Zehnderboy
I'll be giving the ballot a wide berth, so Fetchpoint for me next year
Apr 2018
1:34pm, 23 Apr 2018
6,136 posts
  •  
kwala
Great idea for additional bunting, mattglen_ Glad we could be of assistance :-)
Apr 2018
1:37pm, 23 Apr 2018
5,385 posts
  •  
Jovi Runner
Thanks for a brilliant Fetchpoint. The oranger segments went down a treat - I'd definitely vote for them next year. I collected several ice pops at various points yesterday. That was a great idea by some residents. I had a wee bit of each one & then stuffed remainder of pack down my top to keep me cool! If there was a way of storing them I'd say ice pops a good idea
Apr 2018
1:53pm, 23 Apr 2018
4,097 posts
  •  
minardi
How sticky were you by the end JR?
Apr 2018
4:00pm, 23 Apr 2018
6,138 posts
  •  
kwala
Those grapes you left with me at the end went down really well - with the runners, not me obvs!!

Not too many people wanted sweets at that time, but the cheddars were also popular. The runners' reaction to Cheddars often make me laugh, as it's like they don't realise that that's what they want/need until they see them!
Apr 2018
4:04pm, 23 Apr 2018
12,962 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
Not sure if this was just me, but I totally missed FP on the way out and it didn't seem as obvious as in previous years, even when on the way back and I did see you all. Cany put my finger on why, but there did seem to be more in the past to draw your attention. Then again it was hot and I was delirious so who knows

thanks anyway to all for the support
Apr 2018
4:13pm, 23 Apr 2018
22,264 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
Baz watching it on telly - which I know foreshortens the views - but the course looked more crowded than ever this year. It only takes a few seconds concentrating on not being tripped up and you've passed what you're looking for :-(

That said, Fetch's idea of bigger flags is a good one.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I'd love it if you'd watch this thread as an indicator that you're willing and able to support our London Fetchpoint; and if you've benefited from our presence, or enjoyed being present, share your stories too. It's a special part of the Fetch calendar, and we'd like to ensure it remains so in the future.