london marathon entry ?

16 watchers
Sep 2011
4:02pm, 29 Sep 2011
557 posts
  •  
wiener dog
Well I am proof that the 6th entry into the ballot does NOT guarantee a place as this year was my 6th rejection :-(
Sep 2011
4:07pm, 29 Sep 2011
16,691 posts
  •  
Frobester
They ditched that system last year, didn't they?
Sep 2011
4:16pm, 29 Sep 2011
1,121 posts
  •  
Minnie Mad
I'm rejected - but its a relief in a way. There are lots of other marathons to run without the hassle of an expensive weekend in London.
Sep 2011
4:18pm, 29 Sep 2011
521 posts
  •  
Kimbles67
I'm all for running for charity as I have ran numerous races for 2 different ones this year but the amount charities want for a golden bond place in VLM is ludicrous.Not meaning to sound controversial but surely they should be happy with whatever people raise? Also I am more likely to run for them if I am not under pressure to raise a certain amount. Dont get me wrong, I ran GNR on a golden bond place but that charity's philosophy was "raise as much as you can" and not "we want you to raise xxx amount before we allow you to run for us".

I'll shut up now :-)
Sep 2011
4:36pm, 29 Sep 2011
2,533 posts
  •  
paul the builder
"""Not meaning to sound controversial but surely they should be happy with whatever people raise?"""
Even if they were to end up making a loss on the place? Really?

"""Also I am more likely to run for them if I am not under pressure to raise a certain amount."""
There are waaaay more interested runners than golden bond places, so they don't care if the minimum amount puts a few people off.

"""Dont get me wrong, I ran GNR on a golden bond place but that charity's philosophy was "raise as much as you can" and not "we want you to raise xxx amount before we allow you to run for us"."""
I wonder what the average amount raised per golden bond place in GNR is? If you're right, I'll bet it's way less than at VLM. Plus, I just checked at the MNDA website (which would be my charity of choice) - for a golden bond place at GNR for them you have to raise £395. Same system as VLM then, but smaller-scale.

Moral - keep applying, you'll get in eventually :-)
Sep 2011
4:38pm, 29 Sep 2011
9,400 posts
  •  
HellsBells
wiener - is that 6 rejections in a a row, or did you miss a year?
if it's 6 consecutive years contact them as you should be in
they have ditched the 5 rejections and you're in rule, but are phasing it out gradually - those of us who will be on our 5th rejection next year will be the last lot
Sep 2011
4:42pm, 29 Sep 2011
558 posts
  •  
wiener dog
It was 6 in a row HB will contact them I reckon then thanks.
Sep 2011
4:52pm, 29 Sep 2011
20,480 posts
  •  
John66
Agree with HB - if it's consecutive then ring them
Sep 2011
5:12pm, 29 Sep 2011
First-time poster!!
  •  
Kazza72
I am in on my 5th attempt. My past rejections I have been sad but then immediately relived....Oh dear what have I let myself in????? lol
Sep 2011
5:18pm, 29 Sep 2011
1,032 posts
  •  
philbo
Yeah they ditched the 5 and your in , last year was the last one .

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
does anyone know when u find out if you ve got into london marathon still waiting to hear thanks