•  
DocMoye
who else is doing this little run?
Jan 2019
1:26pm, 14 Jan 2019
26,213 posts
  •  
DocMoye
My first London, my second marathon. Running on a charity place.
What about you? How is the training going? have you done it before? Any tips to share?
Jan 2019
1:27pm, 14 Jan 2019
4,387 posts
  •  
minardi
Tip #1 - Don't forget to look out for fetchpoint!
Jan 2019
4:43pm, 14 Jan 2019
2,029 posts
  •  
Fitz
I'm in, mara #26 after a two-year layoff. First time doing Lundun, ballot place (deferred from 2018).

Training is slow. Fairly confident I can get round but it won't be a PB.
Jan 2019
4:47pm, 14 Jan 2019
26,215 posts
  •  
DocMoye
Hope to meet you at the TBC Fitz 😁
Jan 2019
5:08pm, 14 Jan 2019
7,804 posts
  •  
becca7
I'm in. My 7th London I think, Good for Age place. It's not my target race, as that's Comrades once again.
Jan 2019
7:07pm, 14 Jan 2019
3,237 posts
  •  
Thistle.
Me! First time @ London. Good for age place. Hoping to PB. Plan B marathon in September if I don’t.
Jan 2019
4:28pm, 29 Jan 2019
1,123 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
I plan to be there again this year. Didn't run it last year as January training was wiped out by a virus and then the logistics became a nightmare due to the friend I stay with going away and my husband having to work, just wasn't worth the hassle though I love it despite generally preferring smaller races. I always hope to PB but who knows what will happen between now and then?

Training has been going ok though life has interfered a little and now it looks as though the weather might but this January has been much better than last and I managed to PB at Boston (UK) last year which was earlier.

How about you Doc? How are you finding the training?
Jan 2019
4:35pm, 29 Jan 2019
26,413 posts
  •  
DocMoye
Im loving the training so far...how bizarre. Im getting used to the longer runs which which now dont seem so daunting. such a different experience from the marathon in 2013.

This friday is my main fundraising event. Ill be so glad when thats over as that is far more stressful than the running at the moment!
Ive also now booked accomodation in london as i realised that was worrying me....its possible to get there by train from home, but it relies on the first train of the day not getting cancelled
Jan 2019
5:36pm, 29 Jan 2019
1,124 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
Good to hear Doc - I think an awful lot of marathon training is down to attitude, keep a positive one and it's all much easier. I admire you fundraising too, I think the stress from that must be quite a burden. I do raise money for charity each time I run London but with a GFA place everything is a bonus, no targets so no stress. Definitely worth staying where you can get there easily too - and thinking about the details like what you'll do about dinner and breakfast (though I'm special needs in that department so probably think about it more than most).

About This Thread

Maintained by DocM
who else is doing this little run?