london marathon 2014 ballot places closed already

1 lurker | 2 watchers
Apr 2013
5:02pm, 29 Apr 2013
3,529 posts
  •  
Southcoastpete
I entered last night too.

I wonder if there is a bit of a "Boston" affect here, as the events there may have got some people interested in running a marathon who perhaps had never thought about it?
Apr 2013
5:17pm, 29 Apr 2013
724 posts
  •  
derv
the reason it filled a bit quicker is the all gfa people were told to enter the ballot then at the end of may the entry for us opens and if we have a gfa time to applythen as well and our ballot place will be cancelled
Apr 2013
5:19pm, 29 Apr 2013
8,403 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
Next year some poor sod will be under pressure to find a way to make it sell out even faster. Will mean the race isn't as good if it doesn't (in the mind of messed-up manager types).
Apr 2013
5:25pm, 29 Apr 2013
3,718 posts
  •  
Jambomo
That seems like a very backkward way of doing it doesn't it dery? Why not fill the GFA places then have a ballot for the remaining places? Maybe they could even tell ballot people more quickly than having them wait till October.
Apr 2013
5:37pm, 29 Apr 2013
667 posts
  •  
kevin scott
And to run for a charity would means me raising over1500 quid!
Apr 2013
10:22am, 30 Apr 2013
1,244 posts
  •  
Hackett
Going to cut down to one latte a day and stick the money in a money can. That way if I fail I can have a tidy sum to put towards the charity place. Then would the VLM count as a £1000 race if I raise 500

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by kevin scott
cant believe that the ballot is already closed it opened opened this morning and its on;y 3pm now wa...