London GFA

2 watchers
Aug 2020
9:15pm, 2 Aug 2020
First-time poster!!
  •  
Tararunner
Hi,

I was wondering what people’s thoughts are if GFA for London entries will open this year or not? I was planning on doing Edinburgh and Manchester Marathon this year and they got cancelled and I was hoping to get GFA. I am now doing Boston UK Marathon in September and I am aiming for GFA and I have heard it’s very flat. I know that GFA for London might not open until next year now but was wondering what people’s feelings are on that.
Aug 2020
9:24pm, 2 Aug 2020
725 posts
  •  
Dibble
The next and hopefully final update will be this Friday so you shouldn't have long to find out.
Aug 2020
8:36am, 3 Aug 2020
1,920 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
Welcome to Fetch Tararunner

No idea what's going to happen for the 2021 London though, hopefully, the update on Friday may give us a clue.

If I recall correctly, GFA times are valid for two years so if you're successful in September then that should 'work' (so long as they don't change the rules/criteria again) for 2022 and 2023.

Best bet seems to be to take your best shot at running the time and see where it gets you. Hope it goes well.
Aug 2020
8:39am, 3 Aug 2020
224 posts
  •  
KeithL
Worth mentioning that one of the ways that New York will accommodate the extra entries of losing 2020 is by not allowing time qualifiers (aka GFA) in 2021. Its a possibility (no more than that) that London may do the same
Aug 2020
3:19pm, 3 Aug 2020
2 posts
  •  
Tararunner
Thank you Andy. I don’t know if there will be a ballot for London this year? I would be gutted if say I do get GFA in September and then not able to apply this year, if it is valid for 2 years then that’s something.

Keith, are you saying rust New York are not taking GFA entries then?
Aug 2020
3:46pm, 4 Aug 2020
225 posts
  •  
KeithL
They dont appear to be for 2021

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
Hi,

I was wondering what people’s thoughts are if GFA for London entries will open this year o...